Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

I say why not.

 

The mere fact of owning a rare set of wheels doesn't make the world go round....

 

MONEY DOES!

 

If there is a market for rare products, and someone can supply that market....Then they will.

 

They'll never look exactly the same due to copyright etc. etc.

 

Same deal as Harley-Davidson's and Yamaha V-Stars (and others)

 

Someone doesn't want to fork out enough to buy a Harley but wants the same style of bike....They'll buy one of the cheaper versions.

 

So in the end, The ones with genuine whatevers will always be able to tell the "fakes" or "copies". But if the people with the copies are happy, then let them be.

 

Supply and demand guys, supply and demand.

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

Oh man the two points I didn't think I'd get a bite from!! No oh man what wrong with ke-3x or sevs etc??

Must be loosing my touch!!

 

Nah your right there are Chinese products and then there are "Chinese" products. Like Rota wheels and a few others, they are quite well made products. But like I said earlier none of them make a wheel I'd be happy with size wise putting on the 11. So it's either run steelies, buy new superlight's or pay $400-$1000 for S/H JDM wheels for me.

 

I agree on the sizing of them. I don't like 15's. Not at all. And I don't see myself ever putting them on my Rolla. But if I ever own say another S chassis or something else that calls for a larger wheel, then I would be glad to run Rotas on them. My point was that to a degree, a wheel is a wheel. To a degree.

*FACEPALM*

 

My mates are making some gear in china and the quality is impeccable...... Seriously A1 and for a fraction of the price.

 

Remember 50 years ago, the running joke was 'don't buy that junk it's made in Japan'......

we had some stuff being made in china at the place i used to work.

 

if you told them EXACTLY what to do, they did awesome.

 

but if you left ANYTHING up to interpretation you can almost guarantee that it will be done wrong and crap.

 

and damn they work quick.

 

We were making things about the size of shipping containers (parts of a concrete plant that were actually shipping container size for easy transport) and the photos we saw of them welding it together....had like 15 welders going at it simultaneously, no safety gear, maybe wearing shoes.

 

meewhile in australia, cost 10x as much, takes 10x as long.

 

what is scary though is material certifications, they will make normal steel look like anything you want (legit certifications, stamps anything).

 

aparently there are alot of good steel mills in china, but you only hear about the bad ones.

Pulled my rear shocks out, and now doesn't look like i'll weather to put new ones back in for a few days...

 

Good one Jono.

Edited by Jono.C

360 of them.

2pi radians to be precise.

 

Smart arses.

Bought a pair of rear shocks assuming they'd fit ke10, They don't.

 

FML.

 

Now i have to make them fit.

Wiring. ʞ©$ɟ it in it's stupid arse.

 

Respect for Auto Elecs is at an all time high.

Unfortunately I can't put up with gremlins. Because my gremlin is that the car doesn't run.

 

WGMG; Engine Conversions. And cars in general.

WGMG:My scissors breaking in half, Does it mean I know have 2 shitty knives or just a broken pair of scissors................

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Unfortunately I can't put up with gremlins. Because my gremlin is that the car doesn't run.

 

WGMG; Engine Conversions. And cars in general.

 

Refer to "ke70 pic and vids" thread. You just need to harden up bro!!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.