What Grinds My Gears.

the attitude of people that move to japan grinds my gears, they always end up acting like they are superior and in a superior place. i know where id rather live :yes:

dude, I'm a zainichi chosenjin (japanese word for north korean born at japan) !! born to a north korean mother and an american ..... my parents fled north korea during the korean war and lived at japan for quite some time..... i moved to austalia, and then RETURNED to japan. i have lived about half my life at each country.

Edited by xiaolong

Members dont see this ad

I don't think he was referring specifically to you mate :wink:

I've noticed this as well, especially on the car forums. Some expat Japanese residents seem to think they are more informed about everything pertaining to the Japanese car 'scene' because they happen to live where the car was built.

More often than not the exact OPPOSITE is true... As you, xiaolong, would probably know, the car enthusiasts in Japan are in fact a tiny tiny minority of the population... Indeed most Japanese residents regard cars as more of an inconvenience than anything :yes:

dude, I'm a zainichi chosenjin (japanese word for north korean born at japan) !! born to a north korean mother and an american ..... my parents fled north korea during the korean war and lived at japan for quite some time..... i moved to austalia, and then RETURNED to japan. i have lived about half my life at each country.

your too defensive. relax. i wasnt aiming it directly at you, just your posting reminded me of a few things a few other people that now reside in japan have said, and it grinds my gears :yes:

I've noticed this as well, especially on the car forums. <snipe> car 'scene' because they happen to live where the car was built.

More often than not the exact OPPOSITE is true...

:yes: yes, well, we do know that the tali-wagon is the greatest utility ever made. Just ask any gun totting, tnt strapped crazed tourist which utility they'd sooner drive and 9/11 they'll say Toyota Hi-Lux before they self-destruct.

So does mean to figure out if the holden is better then the ford would it be best to move to South Africa.

lowered a mates commodore today by cutting the springs. When the time came to do the front we didn't even pull the struts out or the springs out of the struts. Just cut em while they were in there...... LOL bloody commodores.

^^ This sorta thing grinds my gears. YES, i may be a commodore. YES, this is a corolla forum. Its people like this bloke and his mate giving the ol commodores and falcons the reputations they have now.

They can be great cars when they're not treated or modified like shit.

mmm true, tokyo isn't in a rush either....

sarcasm....sarcasm....sarcasm!

yes tokyo is rushed. each time i goto yokohama i notice a HUGE diffrence, despite how close they are together.

although, u should try LIVING at both melbourne and tokyo for years as i have, then make a decision as to which is worse for rushed f@$kheads.

in all honesty, north korea IS peaceful in terms of relaxed people (not peaceful in terms of politics tho)

Edited by xiaolong

What shits me is the number of people who can't overtake.

Yeh tell me about it.... People just can't drive for shit on the open road.

.....driving along and coolant starts spraying out of your am/fm, cassette, 6 disc indash stereo........THAT'S the worst!

Sorry mikey but that's a pisser. I can only imagine how funny that looked.

You lads think bug splats are bad, I was sitting in the bow of a wakeboard boat across a lake at dusk - got a bug in the eye, damn thing was painful~! just as I got him out I copped on in the other eye!