What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

88mph on a scooter would be nasty.

Wgmg, engine oil flush... Wow what a brainfart it was using that. Clagged the oil pump pickup in 3 days.... Just dropped the sump and swapped a new pickup in. Never again.

Yep, the beauty of engine oil flush.

Modern car engine bays is it now "cool" to have a lunch box as a motor, The luxury brands are the worst.

Lexus_1UR-FSE.jpg

I know you can pull it of I just don't understand why its put there in the first place.

Sound deading is one of the things for the cover. I don't remember the other reasons for it.

@Blzbud666 & Trev.

Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try and keep the thread on topic. Now I'll say what I want to say.

Ke70's are being used in drift. Get over it. Doesn't mean you have to say how pointless it is or how much you hate the "flatcap" people that are a part of it everytime someone posts. There's such thing as keeping your opinions to yourself.

It's Not just P plates that drift, or have ke70's. If that's what you think you must just sit on forums and look at cars instead of going to a drift day.

Go to a Tassie drift day and there's just as many older blokes with clean s13's and corollas as anyone else.

Also why associate drifted ke70's with being shitheaps? All the ke70's locally that are drifted are clean and tidy and for the most part sponsored vehicles such as Lloyd smiths and Matt Harvey's.

But yes, some P plates want to get into drifting, and we don't all have mummy and daddy's money so a cheap corolla is built. OMG it has a parking dent Lyk omg that's so drift spec. No it's more the fact bodywork costs money. Money that could very well be down the drain your first lap if you hit a wall your run into someone. So why not spend it on a good set of tires and coilovers instead?

Most of the shitheap ke70s forsale are just maccas carpark drifts. "Aye cuz totes did a sick skid in me driveway yesty" not ones that actually get out and give it a go.

I'm not going to say anymore for now. And until you go to a proper event and check out the cars and the drivers anything you say about drift in my mind is invalid.

You can say as much as you want about how drifting used to be. That's the problem, things change, get over it.

Now please stop posting flatcap this or omg drift is shit that everytime I post or someone says something related to it.

Cherz.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Actually opinions are meant to be voiced, otherwise how would anyone know mine?

Problem is you have voiced your's over 9000 times.

Gets a little old after the first couple of times.

You just sound like a whining little schoolgirl now.

I'm with Jono

LOL, ʞ©$ɟ me, sorry that I am passionate about a car and I am sick of seeing them run into the ground because idiots these days just wanna buy them to remove the interior, lock the diff and cut the springs to go do hoops and what not and then want $3000 for an E7 that is a shitbox.

I am a corolla enthusiast, there a not many nice clean examples of e7's around anymore and there won't be for long.

I thought that I had a very valid reply in that THREAD lastnight.

I was once also putting together a ke70 p/van for track use but the car was already past it's use by date so I didn't have a problem with doing so.

You are also thinking that I am talking about the majority when I am infact talking about the minority.

The other thing that shits me is when I tell someone that I have an ae71 they ask if it is a 'drifter'

And here is a bit of info for you, I came across a rollaclub display at a driftzone drift meet back in 2006 and joined that night, cool story hey...

• Upvote 1

LOL, ʞ©$ɟ me, sorry that I am passionate about a car and I am sick of seeing them run into the ground because idiots these days just wanna buy them to remove the interior, lock the diff and cut the springs to go do hoops and what not and then want $3000 for an E7 that is a shitbox.

I am a corolla enthusiast, there a not many nice clean examples of e7's around anymore and there won't be for long.

I thought that I had a very valid reply in that THREAD lastnight.

I was once also putting together a ke70 p/van for track use but the car was already past it's use by date so I didn't have a problem with doing so.

You are also thinking that I am talking about the majority when I am infact talking about the minority.

The other thing that shits me is when I tell someone that I have an ae71 they ask if it is a 'drifter'

And here is a bit of info for you, I came across a rollaclub display at a driftzone drift meet back in 2006 and joined that night, cool story hey...

I don't think that was a valid reply at all, Trev. The kid wants a KE70 and you tell him not to get one because it will end up ʞ©$ɟed. He's trying to get into cars and you tell him not to??

Tired of people asking if it's a drifter? Don't tell them.

Reed, you may have taken Jono's post as an insult but I've been taking "KE70 drifter flatcapper wannabe" posts (from everyone) as insults for a while now. It's annoying to be put in the same group as a bunch of clowns all the time.

I'm not having a go at you, it's just that my car fits your criteria.

Okay.

Run into the ground? How so?

Better off than people not being into them at all and them getting sent to the crushers???

WGMG.. People who start a project, pull a car to pieces, and then want decent money for it. lol. I can buy a complete car for that.

Also a chick ran into my daily on a Sunday morning :(

I don't think that was a valid reply at all, Trev. The kid wants a KE70 and you tell him not to get one because it will end up ʞ©$ɟed. He's trying to get into cars and you tell him not to??

Tired of people asking if it's a drifter? Don't tell them.

Reed, you may have taken Jono's post as an insult but I've been taking "KE70 drifter flatcapper wannabe" posts (from everyone) as insults for a while now. It's annoying to be put in the same group as a bunch of clowns all the time.

I'm not having a go at you, it's just that my car fits your criteria.

Fair call but I just remember another scenario on here when another member had a car that was immaculate and he bent it.

I myself would love to find an original, unmolested low k's ke70 to add to my collection, point is it is now very hard.

The guy I got the 71 off asked me up front if it was for drifting or track use...

Also, when I was selling my 4ag AE71 I had a few enquires from people that said they wanted to use it as a drift car and I told them that I wont be selling it to them, one even offered me 500 more than the asking price, think I am full of shit then ask the new owner as straight up I asked him what his intentions were and he said it was to be his daily driver while he did his ke10 and he wanted something different and yes he has taken it down the 1/4 a few times.