What Grinds My Gears.

Driving along the gatway motorway last night (4 lanes, brand new road), they now have (well have had for a while) these speed signs on LED screens, so they can change the speed whenever they want.

Driving home at around 930pm last night, i pull off mt gravat capalaba road onto motorway, give it a bit on the onramp (up to 80-90), only to be confronted by a flashing LED sign of 60km/h, next one (~500m down the road) sais 40km/h. I like my license, and know this is a perfect opportunity for a policeman to be sitting there i drop down to about 45-48km/h.

Meenwhile i have people swerving around me, flashing their high beams, beeping horns at me (and others who are "doing the right thing"). I came VERY close to being run up the back by an impatient commondore who was weaving through the cars at about 100....

Turns out this 40km/h went on for about 5km, where there was some road work. where the centre lane was closed, and we all had to go around on both sides (4 lanes remember). It was a man painting lines with one of those hand held things.

then the 40km/h continued on for another 3km after!!!!

so total of 8km of 40km/h speedlimit for about 100m worth of roadwork.

Now i am all for keeping road workers safe, and yes 40km/h is a good idea around people that are working.

but 5km before, and 3km after???? i think not.

These new LED signs have given them too much power to change the speed whenever they want........

And its like they are too lazy to make a small section of the road lower limit, so they just flick all the signs to 40km/h and be done with it!

Members dont see this ad

I'd back that! So many times there are special lowered speed limits for road works all over the place, then you find there is no-one around at all! No wonder we ignore them!

My wife works on the roads occasionally and has horor stories of drivers who drive straight into the cones or up the back of stationary work trucks, but there is no hope for clowns like that, you might as well just take them outside and shoot them.

"The only way to keep control of the population is to make everyone a criminal so they fear the State"

Yeah the 5km beforehand speed limiting is for douchebags like those that almost hit you.

The theory is that more warning makes them more cautious and gives more time to notice the speed change.

Theory doesnt always work in reality though...

WGMG; having the ʞ©$ɟing flu when its 30+ degrees and humid.

Or maybe they're doing line-work over that entire ~10k section, and you just happened to go past when they were in the middle of it.....bit hard to set up a rolling reduced speed limit, so much easier to drop it down for the entire section rather than just the ~100m where there are actually people doing work at that particular moment.

• Upvote 1

Blah blah blah. You're such a broken record.

Well, I figured people would have noticed that this 'democracy' experiment is a failure and what we have needs replacing, or at least noticed that it doesn't matter who gets into power, the same shit happens. They get rich, the middle-class get screwed...

No-one seems interested in the 60trillion dollars the USA is down the tube for over the next decade or two, something they will never afford, so the whole country is as bankrupt as Greece. They have unemployment at about 15% yet the media seems to think that things are fine and whoever wins the election will be a saviour.

A good does of reality will help.

try that disk managemnet thing.

it might be there, you just need to assign a drive letter to it.

Well, finally nutted out what the problem has been, it turns out the IDE for my dvd-drive & hard drive is obsolete to the new motherboard. It's like telling the smart kid in school that he's got to do an assignment with the kid who's dribbling on his shoes in the corner.

To get it to work it's a few hundred dollars for a new board, cpu, graphics card etc, so back to XP I go!

Bought some stainless steel equal length extractors for the 4age,

They turn up later in the post and i put some time into sanding and polishing the stainless.

Try fit them to the car after i have removed the exhaust studs and bent the clutch line, no. Hits on the distributer.

Contact the seller and they say, "oh, our motor we fit them too have a non- EFI distributer" yet they said, to suit 16v 4a-ge motor 86-91 or whatever in their ad. No mention of needing some weird replacement distributer.

It just looks like their jig to do the welds got out of wack, but they still wont replace/ fix it. Pics in the ad looks the exact same distributer as mine.

So now i need to either to get the bent or rewelded..

any recommendations? I can probably get it if they were 5mm across further.. ive already ground the plastic on the dizzy cap down..

Edit: the manifold flange is about 3mm away from touching the head at the front, where it should be bolted to.

post-12821-0-43163400-1352365519_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueKsev

My housemate is the one who has done the assembly, it's a mix & match of parts. As I understand it, things are done so that it works. The limit of my technical knowledge has been reached, what does that device do irokin?

I'm not sure, but I've searched for Windows 7 drivers & they don't seem to exist for my drive. Western Digital Caviar Green 2.0TB, model number WD20EARX. The computer seems to recognise that something's there, but has no clue what to do with it.

When payday comes, but pay is nowhere to be seen... Going to be asking questions if it isn't there in the morning.. I put in a solid amount of O/T plus working a public holiday.. Need it to bring the bank balance back to square one after this week with transfer of rego on new car, new insurance, phone bill and putting up a carsales ad.

Bought some stainless steel equal length extractors for the 4age,

They turn up later in the post and i put some time into sanding and polishing the stainless.

Try fit them to the car after i have removed the exhaust studs and bent the clutch line, no. Hits on the distributer.

Contact the seller and they say, "oh, our motor we fit them too have a non- EFI distributer" yet they said, to suit 16v 4a-ge motor 86-91 or whatever in their ad. No mention of needing some weird replacement distributer.

It just looks like their jig to do the welds got out of wack, but they still wont replace/ fix it. Pics in the ad looks the exact same distributer as mine.

So now i need to either to get the bent or rewelded..

any recommendations? I can probably get it if they were 5mm across further.. ive already ground the plastic on the dizzy cap down..

Edit: the manifold flange is about 3mm away from touching the head at the front, where it should be bolted to.

I had to move the distributor out of the way to get the headers onto my 4AGE, then put the distributor back in place on the headers were on and bolted up. Is there any way you could do that with yours?