What Grinds My Gears.

WGMG - People that say not to reply in for sale threads, if people ask you a question other people might want to know the answer aswell. It doesn't work like a free bump it's a frikken question.

There is a PM system for a reason.

I myself don't like replies to my thread as its unfair for everyone else trying to sell something when my thread gets a free bump up to the first page. Mods don't like chitter chatter in sale threads either. Its an advertisement.

Back in the days before the internet, there were these things called newspapers and you had to call a number. Same type of situation in a sale thread, just the number has been replaced by a messaging system that should be utiliised accordingly.

So you either send a PM, or look elsewhere for whatever part it is you're chasing, no harm done :)

Members dont see this ad

There is a PM system for a reason.

I myself don't like replies to my thread as its unfair for everyone else trying to sell something when my thread gets a free bump up to the first page. Mods don't like chitter chatter in sale threads either. Its an advertisement.

Back in the days before the internet, there were these things called newspapers and you had to call a number. Same type of situation in a sale thread, just the number has been replaced by a messaging system that should be utiliised accordingly.

So you either send a PM, or look elsewhere for whatever part it is you're chasing, no harm done :)

Chitter chatter and legitimate questions are quiet different in everyway, not every for sale thread is as detailed as yours.

ASUS

These stupid people whom I sent my 30 day old laptop to for a fix under warranty was knocked back as it was "potentially not their fault" that a hardware component pooped itself... I am furious as they quoted me 500 for them to fix it. Told them to send it back, will let my brother fix it instead, then go back to JB where I paid 120 for an extended warranty and tell them to shove it... means nothing.. On top of this..

Had to give dad $600 of my savings (I'm a uni student who works part time for between 10 and 20 an hour depending on deliveries...) to pay his overdraw on the credit card, leaving me with a total of $30 to last me across a phone bill, a gym payment and if I don't get paid in time, maybe even insurance. f@$k. Hmm.. Decisions decisions.. Defer uni for rest of semester and work two jobs or somehow sell some things (xbox etc) and get through...

Feel ready to break down.. :bash:

ASUS

These stupid people whom I sent my 30 day old laptop to for a fix under warranty was knocked back as it was "potentially not their fault" that a hardware component pooped itself... I am furious as they quoted me 500 for them to fix it. Told them to send it back, will let my brother fix it instead, then go back to JB where I paid 120 for an extended warranty and tell them to shove it... means nothing.. On top of this..

Had to give dad $600 of my savings (I'm a uni student who works part time for between 10 and 20 an hour depending on deliveries...) to pay his overdraw on the credit card, leaving me with a total of $30 to last me across a phone bill, a gym payment and if I don't get paid in time, maybe even insurance. f@$k. Hmm.. Decisions decisions.. Defer uni for rest of semester and work two jobs or somehow sell some things (xbox etc) and get through...

Feel ready to break down.. :bash:

Move out with someone, claim that government allowance thing and STAY in uni.....you just gotta have a shit fight with your dad and start destroying each others things, then when all your stuff is gone burn down the house and tell him to eat a dick.....

I'm with raven, on outerlimits, you can't post a reply to any classifieds thread.

its the best idea.

only you get less traffic through the forum that way so not many people wanna do it, but it makes checking out the classifieds so easy :)

wgmg, not enough hours in the day.

i wanna work on my car, but by the time i get home from work, go to the gym, eat and do essential web activities such as this one, theres not enough time to make it worthwhile heading out to the shed.

blah

i wanna work on my car, but by the time i get home from work, go to the gym, eat and do essential web activities such as this one, theres not enough time to make it worthwhile heading out to the shed.

blah

Yup, I feel ya there. And the fact my single car garage is packed with so much shlt I can only just squeeze my car in there.

Yup, I feel ya there. And the fact my single car garage is packed with so much shlt I can only just squeeze my car in there.

lucky you have a garage, mine apparently needed to be turned into a "rumpus" room, not that anyone goes in there for anything other than booze

spraying the car on cobblestone driveway FTW

I'm with raven, on outerlimits, you can't post a reply to any classifieds thread.

its the best idea.

only you get less traffic through the forum that way so not many people wanna do it, but it makes checking out the classifieds so easy :)

blah

Apart from the gym I'm in the same boat.

my 7 month old daughter starting to walk and me barely getting over the fact that she knows i am "dadda".

wgmg is the fact that i don't know where she got the brains from? i only got a year 9 education and the missus isnt exactly a rocket scientist either

Move out with someone, claim that government allowance thing and STAY in uni.....you just gotta have a shit fight with your dad and start destroying each others things, then when all your stuff is gone burn down the house and tell him to eat a dick.....

Nah, ain't Dad's fault, not angry at him at all, he's stuck in this position because he spent a huge period of time in hospital last year unpaid and got into copious levels of debt (lived on the credit card). He'll pay me back in a few months, but I feel sorry for the position he's in with the divorce mum and him are going through all his illnesses. I love my old man and I know that he appreciates what we all do at home.

my 7 month old daughter starting to walk and me barely getting over the fact that she knows i am "dadda".

wgmg is the fact that i don't know where she got the brains from? i only got a year 9 education and the missus isnt exactly a rocket scientist either

Cute as :)

Took the best bits from both of you and made something you wont ever stop being amazed by :yes:

• Upvote 1

I've been on my feet for around 12 hours so far and I have about 5 more to go before I go home. I can be pleasant, smile, and pretend to give a S*#T how your day was. What's your excuse?.

Haha. You know what their excuse is? They've been on their feet, probably for a good 12 hours as well. And the floor their feet are on constantly changing angle. They've been pulling a heavy cart up and down that wonky floor for those 12 hours, and they've put up with all 180 dumb bastards that are jammed in a cigar tube with them.

Top it off, they're staying in some poxy hotel, on the other side of the country, miles from their family and loved ones. It might be 3-4 days before they get to see them. It's not like they're at your hotel for a goddamn holiday.

Don't get me wrong, basic courtesy is an important thing.BUT, put yourself in their shoes once in a while and think... "why are these people tired and grumpy today?"

Edited by philbey