What Grinds My Gears.

I have two things...

/ start rant

secondly, on dual lanes (two up, two down) people who slow down for a left hand turn then take it REALLY wide and go half way into the right hand lane, how hard is it to turn left from the left hand lane for craps sake???!!!

/ end rant

Lesley :P

Quite a few people in toowoomba here do that, but with a little difference - a left turn is taken from the middle of the road whereas a right turn is taken from the left hand gutter. Scored the bird and a blast from a horn one time from some drop kick driver who made a right turn from the gutter, i guess they didn't like it that they didn't stop me cause i used the nature strip to get around them. Phuckin morons.

Members dont see this ad

scooters.

if you want a bike for cheap rego fuel and what not GET A BLOODY BIKE AND A BIKE LICENSE.

and for the love of god don't go on the freeway with your pissy little scooter. especially if the freeway has a steep up hill strech which means you still take a whole lane to be doing 40 k's an hour in a 100 zone

As much as cyclists may annoy me, Motorbikes annoy me when they cruise down between the lanes. Sometimes if i see them coming i close the gap between the lanes.

That is so stupid. I hate people that do that, and I've assaulted a minimum of 4 people for doing the same thing.

Yeah, they're all brave when they're surrounded by their big metal cage, but when the 6 foot, 92kg angry armored bastard is smashing their window in, they rethink their actions. I've already broken 2 helmets because of people who think that winding up their windows and locking their doors will help them.

I'm normally very polite (I wave to everyone when I finish lane filtering), but when people do this stuff I see red.

We're faster than you, smaller and more vulnerable. When we get rear ended by some wanker who missed the red light, we don't just exchange insurance details, we go to hospital, or a hole in the ground. Filtering removes this risk. Sure, I don't agree with wankers that do 30km/h faster than traffic that are doing 80km/h whilst ripping wing mirrors off (ie lane splitting), but FILTERING through traffic at a red light only makes life easier for people.

Don't try and debate this with me, I've only just had the last pins removed from my body because of someone who decided I didn't deserve the road as much as he did. I was cut off in the wet. Braked hard, headshake, then I'm rolling down the freeway.

BTW, I do NOT condone violence. But if you try and kill me, I will make sure you never do it again.

Edited by deathsminion

Very understandable, i know if many blind idiots tried to kill me on the road,

I would definately make them realise the are F*#wits! :D

I don't think violence would be MY best option, i'm only a little bloke, but i still wouldn't let it go unnoticed. :P

Good luck with your recovery mate. :yes:

I agree, we all have to follow the same rules. It'd be like me pulling my car out and driving down the shoulder to cut around everyone. Its even worse when they cut down to the front of the traffic light and sit right in front of you. What if by cutting down the lanes between the cars they come across a broken down car, the driver opens up the door and BANG, the rider falls off. They want to be treated like every other vehicle, then wait in line and follow the traffic.

The rate at which a bike can stop, a rider filtering at 20km/h is in NO danger. They are also reducing congestion, increasing their own safety and are damn sexy.

Riding or driving down emergency lanes is stupid, they're there for a reason. Most riders won't go there because motorcycle tyres can get punctured easily, and are not very cheap.

There is no good reason why safe lane filtering shouldn't be allowed. In the UK there is even GUIDELINES and training to help people filter.

If you can provide a reason better than "if I have to wait, so do you", I'll consider changing my riding patterns.

Also, we don't want to be treated like every other vehicle, we just don't want to be killed by stupid blind pricks that don't see us even though we're making eye contact with them. This happens ALL THE TIME.

Edited by deathsminion

My Biggest annoyance is that we Very Visable have a daycare centre on the corner of our street and Dickhead come barreling around the roundabout and end up on the grass outside the daycare centre.

All the Mum's at our son's school who drive a 4x4 and park in the top carpark and just reverse out without looking, we have been near missed a heap and a few kids as well. Tell me what child going to a primary school is tall enough to see over the back of a 4x4?????

The people who do 60km in the school zones give me the shits.

My Husbands driving. I hate that he has to be in front of everyone all the time. He is always saying they are all going to dam slow. I personally don't care, as long as I get to where I am planning to go. (He is laughing at me now)

And lastly those men who think ALL us chicks can't drive. (i know a good part of them can't)

Thats my piss off's with drivers.

Liz

Edited by chrisandliz

My Husbands driving. I hate that he has to be in front of everyone all the time. He is always saying they are all going to dam slow. I personally don't care, as long as I get to where I am planning to go. (He is laughing at me now)

And lastly those men who think ALL us chicks can't drive.

They do go to dam slow. If they want to go 5 km under the speed limit they can do it behind me.

Chris

That is so stupid.

shit yeh I have to agree - don't f@$k with bikes, let them lane split, and for christs sake if you actually do see them, give them room, not close them off!

don't get me wrong - i'm not a biker. But after nearly losing a dad and a sister cos some f@$kstick didn't look hard enough when he pulled out I started thinking. Then one day I took my mates bike for a gentle lap around a few blocks and it suddenly sank in - nobody sees bikes.

Seriously - closing someone off in a car who's being a prick, no worries. At worst you might bend something or scuff a rim. But being "funny" and closing off a bike, or just messing with them because you feel justified in doing so will kill somone. If you are sharp enough to see them to begin with, just give them room.

another thing that shits me is how easy it is to get a god damn license in this country! some of the space cadets I know that they let drive astounds me......

Edited by philbey

I ride a bike.

Its nice, comfortable, relatively quiet and very sexual Triumph Speedmaster.

I don't filter, I don't speed, I don't zip around the queue of people waiting to turn left just because I can. Consequently I am treated with respect and courtesy by other road users.

This may mean I reach my destination a couple of minutes later than the shitheap Honda CBR that rips past me in traffic wailing its tits off at 10 thou rpm in second cog... but seriously... if you're in that much of a goddamn hurry that you can't spare a few minutes doing the right thing and obeying the road rules, you need to set your alarm earlier in the morning to get to work on time.

Reality: Cars outnumber bikes 10:1. The human brain hardwires itself to react instinctively to its environment based on repeated experience. Most road users (read: car drivers) are programmed to interact in a car-dominated environment. A bike is a rogue element, and it takes the brain just a millisecond longer to register their presence on the road and react accordingly...

This is fact... an unfortunate one, but true. Riding a bike in traffic is dangerous, and probably always will be... so deal with it, and ride with safety as your first priority... not speed.

seeing as this is a forum based on cars i will give you my only major one.

All the people who buy a car and put big wheels and a exhaust, then tell everyone how it is somehow "unique" from every other bog stock v8 commodore or xr6 or whatever and so much quicker. Do something unique, take the $8000 you probably spent on ICE wheels and paint and get a drive in drive out twin turbo kit for your ss.

I don't care if its your favourite car, you can do what you want to it its your choice i wont say otherwise. Just don't try and tell me I'm wrong for picking a car that i like and spending my money they way i want. Everyone has different tastes, learn to accept it and be content with yours.

/end rant

Hey Des, you need a job like mine.. I love my job. :y: I get paid to pull cars apart & it's acceptable if i smash shit that gets in my way.

What great Therapy.... :D and i go home happy, knowing that each day i have personally destroyed at least one Commodore or Falcon.

Mmmmm i believe that is what's meant by the term ""Job Satisfaction"" :P :yes:

Edited by PHATKE20S