What Grinds My Gears.

In my experience, Toyota-thusiasts have always sorta been the 'nerds' of the car scene.

(JZA80 owners notwithstanding... Sorry, but they're a 'look at me' car)

So by nature, I think we have less time and tolerance for douchebaggery.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

*looks at KE70 drift scene*

I don't see it? hahaha.

I think its got a heap to do with the rising popularity of the "scene" and the whole integration of clothing/apparell and the other BS that goes with it.

ten years ago, shit was more expensive, car forums weren't as mainstream, social media (in the automotive world) was non-existant and being "into cars" wasn't as popular.

Now you have the marketing machine of apparell and parts suppliers going into overdrive, telling the young wankers that if you don't have XXX you aren't a true member of the "scene"

Shits gotten out of hand.

Members dont see this ad

haha that is pretty funny.

My brother and his mate have been sucked into this "scene" something chronic.

Pod filters, illiest stickers, jdm as F*ch stickers, HID lights, LED lights everywhere.

But you can't convince them to buy actual performance orienteated parts (good tyres, good brakes, shocks/springs etc etc). Its all about the look and the "Scene". standing around in carparks comparing the size of their illiest sticker.

What the hell is illiest? is it just clothes? what is the craze about? i don't even think ive seen illiest clothes for sale in shops?

Yeah its a brand created to embody all the problems with 1. Gen Y. 2. Car people.

We should do a knockoff brand thats called: "Dillest" or "Chillest" and make slogans up like, "You may not know cars, but you know how Hectic you are".

Or, : "Caution - Car frequently parking"

Or we can do official club memebership to the HPCOA, the hard parking club of Australia.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit
  • Upvote 1

While we're on this topic; the thing that has been grinding my gears since I first heard someone use it incorrectly a couple of years ago is the term "JDM". Since when has JDM been a "style"? Like people will lower a car, install roof racks and wide wheels and then call it JDM. That doesn't make any sense?

Edit: I feel as if I've had this rant before.

Edited by rian
  • Upvote 1

Half the issue is most idiots don't what "JDM" stands for.

example a. someone that was on my facebook feed

jdm_zps90c8c270.jpg

He really had no idea.

Then he proceed to be a complete ʞ©$ɟ up and tell me that his sr20de s15 is faster than my sr20det s14 because its an "s15"

It ʞ©$ɟ me off to no end probably because i'm gen Y and I have a modded jap car.

So I continually have to deal with it.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

After reading all this, I have but one thing to say: Fark, I love you guys! A friend of mine asked me if I wanted one of those hang ring things (supposedly from Japanese trains) as he found some 'cheap'. Told him if he got one I would personally beat him to death with it.

Isn't Titleist initiating a lawsuit against illest? Compare logos, I can see why they would. I wouldn't want to be associated with a bunch of knuckle dragging bogans either. :no2:

• Upvote 1

ʞ©$ɟ these 'JDM' scene wankers, for once I wanna see a pic taken in Japan of a car with an 'ADM as ʞ©$ɟ' stickers.

Cars these days ʞ©$ɟing shit me, stance, flush, poke, illest, dildo shifters, cut springs, stupid ʞ©$ɟing camber, negative offset brah, DRIFT pipes and then you have the ʞ©$ɟs driving them with ear expanders, a flat brim, JB haircut, faggot sunnies and his sisters jeans.

What happend to the days of some fluffy dice, mexican blanket, good looking fat rubber and a manly looking bloke with a flanno and a mullet?