To Turbo Or Quad Throttle

kermit55

Members dont see this ad

KE55 with a ae82 4age, its a daily but turning into just a w/e car soon. buying a work van. i got a lil inspired of entering it next year in powercruise so i want something that will be fast but reliable.... well basically reliable enough to last the 4 days of powercruise lol. was thinking of putting quad throttles on but had also the idea of running 6-7 psi with a turbo.

that sounds kinda wrong? should have gotten more power than that shouldnt it.

Transmission power loss in rear wheel drive is 30-40% of flywheel power where front is only 5-10%So a 100KW 4A-ge in Front wheel will pull 80-90 KW at the back it will pull 50-60 KW low boost would pull you up to 70 odd with good tuning, good components maybe even 75-80 KW

Transmission power loss in rear wheel drive is 30-40% of flywheel power

maybe not that much! but definately more than front wheel drive. awd is by far the worst though.

hey irokin just interested in the arias perspective you have as i have considered them but not

actually looked into them fully as a few people seemed to have the same perception and i got

another brand custom made.

Just about every man and his dog has got a turbo'd 4ag of one sort or another...

Quad throttle bodies from a 20v would be good and fit some filter socks over the ram tubes.

Pretty the engine bay up with a good wash, some colour-coded aluminum sheeting in key spots, if you've got a blue-top 4age cover the spark-plug wires in the same fashion as the red-top.

And ditch the bonnet.

Or at least cut it open above the filter-socks and fashion it into a factory looking scoop.

Would a side exit exhaust be allowed ??

And have it dumping on the left side just before the back wheel

Edited by towe001

thanks for all the advice. i just want to have something that'll kill most of those v8's at the cruise. like the idea of a side exhaust dumping out the side. the only thing is its illegal lol but if i do it ill probs just chop it a lil and hide it under the car instead of it saying "please pull me over now officer lol". so I'm still unsure but just really want to no what i can get the most power from without spending over 2k. anymore advice will help