How To Cut King Springs?

flat out

ok well i have king springs in one of my cars and want to put them into my good road car, but they are miles too high, so what do i do?

i have cut heaps of normal springs before but the gab between the springs is different, like these in this link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-PULSAR-KING-...1QQcmdZViewItem

i know some one will flame me for cutting my springs but its the road I'm taking and i want lower stiffer springs so this is it

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whens the funeral?

I'm starting to wonder if we should be outright deleting threads like this because of the possible liability they create...

As for your question. They're progressive springs and you're just going to have to experiment. Start from the small end and take off one coil at a time. Still a really dumb thing to do.

coilovers arnt an option for me so cutties are the only answer, i might take them out and compress ither end with my hands and what evers stiffest ill cut

Cut springs are NOT the only answer. Don't be tight. Buy custom springs.

Vote 1 for locked thread.

Before you lock it Red, I run cut standard springs for close to eight years without a problem. They were cut significantly. In fact the second cut was made without removing the springs :locked: as the nose sat too high after dropping the rear almost to the stops.

Yes they did come off the seats when the car was fully jacked up but for them to drop out you would have to be airbourne, which is a lot braver than I was on the road. Anyway if I got it that wrong I think the springs would have been the least of my worries. If you are concerned you could wire/cable tie springs in place or just ask the tyre place to put them back for you :D.

I guess one of the reasons I didn't have an issue is that with the second sway bar I was running, the travel was about two inches anyway but there still wasn't an issue when this was removed.

Custom springs ftw. I have cutties in the back and they are no good. I had too stiiff a spring to begin with, and once I cut em they just sucked. If you want drift, you will want to stiffen the rear, traction the opposite. Beerhead on this forum, or AJPS, or many suspension shops will get custom springs made for you and not very exxy. Make sure if you do cut the rears you leave the flat bottom mating surface alone, and cut the open wound top part only. When you cut the top part its not all that different to how it looks standard, but the spring rates will be all cocked up. Are you aware that they get stiffer as you cut them? I can't speak on fronts cause I have coilys there.