[buznke] Rotarized Ke26 Pano

Sim

and while i think about it, does anyone have a proper ke26 rear bar? as for some reason mines got a ke20 bar (with the number plate lights in it) even though the tailgate has number plate lights in it anyway. wouldn't look right having the standard '20 bar on it i reckon.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bah, come into abit of a snag today. thought i'd mess around with the new seats n trial fit em into the pano. i swapped the seat rails from the seats i pulled out of the pano, fitted up pretty damn easily so i was impressed, had to do a lil bit of modifying but nothing major. the passenger side is fine, but i can't use the rails for the drivers side with my new seat, the mofo that had the car before me has butchered the drivers seat rails and welded on some bizarre mounts and nothing matches up, its even got the wrong handles n everything on it :).

so does anyone have a set of ke20/26 drivers side seat rails i could pinch off them? i need them pretty urgently.

fitted up some rails to one of my seats, since my other rails are rooted i thought i mite aswell mess around with one seat. ripped out a seat from my daily and trial fitted the velo seat just to see how close or far away everything was from lining up. I'm pretty damn impressed, the velo seat is slightly narrower then the standard '26 seat, by about 15mm, i managed to get the bolt holes to line up on one side but the side of the seat is just touching the b-pillar, so the whole seat needs to go over a lil bit, so ill have to sit down and have a think about this one lol. atleast i know its not totally off. heres what the seat looks like in my 4 door lol

newcar56ai5.jpg

ye that will tilt it but i still need to secure the other side of the seat, the bolt holes on the side closest to the door line up but the other side near the trans don't line up, so whether i add on some brackets or whatever i dunno yet.

while ur here dave, have u got any drivers side seat rails i can nab off you? lol. u should see the shoddy work the previous owner did to the seat rails :)

(i put this seat in the wrong side btw, was meant to be on the passenger side, but meh.)

fitted up some rails to one of my seats, since my other rails are rooted i thought i mite aswell mess around with one seat. ripped out a seat from my daily and trial fitted the velo seat just to see how close or far away everything was from lining up. I'm pretty damn impressed, the velo seat is slightly narrower then the standard '26 seat, by about 15mm, i managed to get the bolt holes to line up on one side but the side of the seat is just touching the b-pillar, so the whole seat needs to go over a lil bit, so ill have to sit down and have a think about this one lol. atleast i know its not totally off. heres what the seat looks like in my 4 door lol

newcar56ai5.jpg

yep suits the daily to a tee haha.

Good to see progress on the pano, can't wait to see this finished.

Cheers, Ben.

well the lil daily will be going soon, got a deposit given for it today. i will be hanging onto the pano though, thats never getting sold :dance:.

speaking of that, haven't had much else happen with that lately, my front brake/struts should be all done within the next few weeks, the place thats doing it are getting pumped with work so its slowing them down abit. ordered a complete set of Nolathane bushes for it today, i ordered everything nolathane had to offer basically lol.

still waiting to hear back from the place thats doing my tub work/diff etc, hopefuly it shouldn't be too long as I'm itching to get the fken thing out of the garage!

• 1 month later...

ye mate finally have an update, been waiting on All Race Fabrications to get back to me to when they would b able to do work on my car, they finally rang me on thursday after 7 weeks of being on their waiting list lol, i was in sydney though so i had no way of getting the shell to them. hired a trailer today n chucked the body on, so its all ready to take tommorow morning. i forgot how light the body was to lift, me and my mate lifted it onto the trailer without too much trouble haha.

All Race will be doing the tub work, shortening the diff/moving the leaf spring mounts over etc and welding in a half cage for it. i mite get them to fit up some seat mounts to accomodate my seats and make up handbrake cables aswell, I'm gona have a chat about those extra bits with them when i take the car to them tommorow.

I'm just glad stuff will finally be happening to it after all this time, after its done at All Race it will be going to my mate for the body work/painting and so my other mate can rewire it.

my front struts are getting the RX7 calipers etc adapted to them plus a ford stud pattern conversion is being done, so hopefully they will be done soon so when the car is done at the fabricators i can chuck the struts in with the diff so i can push the c**t around.

heres some pics anyway with it on the trailer.

newcar58ij5.jpg

newcar59fs1.jpg

• 1 month later...

heres some pics of the car at All Race getting the fab work done, they've been taken over the last 2 weeks, gonna go and take some more during this week. currently the rear tub sheet metal has been done, the diff has been sent off to be shortened, the factory fuel tank will be removed and will be replaced by a 40L fuel cell and the rear leaf spring mounts are being moved inwards which are half way completed. its looking very sad atm but will look awesome once its done :)

anyway heres the pics.

newcar61xb9.jpg

newcar62eg2.jpg

newcar63rt5.jpg

newcar64aw0.jpg

newcar65zc9.jpg

newcar66hn4.jpg

newcar67ch9.jpg

newcar68ek5.jpg

newcar69va2.jpg