Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

Looking really good mate. My 10 is still half stripped, pulled the motor and box out yesterday, what a job.

 

Seeing yours really makes me want to get in and get motivated to get something done. One day...

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

I can't sleep tonight. I keep thinking of how I can move forward with this project without spending much money...

 

I think I'll start with the boot install and the parcel shelf. I want to cut the bottom out of the sare wheel well and convert it to a bracket accessable from the bottom, so I don't have to remove the stereo to get to the spare. Then fit ply to the back, base and sides of the boot and fit the 2 sub boxes on either side facing in and angled slightly to the rear of the boot. Mount the amp in between the subs on the back board. and more ply between the tops of the 2 sub boxes. Then carpet over the lot!

 

I hope to pick up the glovebox lid, ashtray and fuel flap over the weekend.

 

I will also be trying to convert to solid lifters using the lifters and rockers from the 3k, I have been told this work with some modification to the length of the 'push rods' (not 100% sure if I got the right part?)??

 

I have also decided to convert to electronic Dizzy. Hope to pick up the parts needed for this over the weekend.

heyman i'm gonna do that same thing with my wheel well!!

if you get started on it soon can you please do step by step photos???

i'm a bit scared to get started on it myself!!!

i was gonna use a grinder and cut slots into it!

then from there you can grab a hammer and bash and bend it in flat! trim the exces and reweld.

 

or just cut it out completely and weld some sheet metal in......

 

or not even weld the metal in a couple of bolts or a shiteload of big pop rivets!

oh also have you considered intalling your amps behind the rear seat??

this way they are totally hidden all you'd need to do is put a sheet of metal or mdf behind it first to cover the fual tank!

your rear seat are spring loaded yeah?? kinda mount the amps so tehy'll sit in the cavities!

  • Author

I was planning on leaving the well, just cutting the bottom out, and just mdf over the top with carpet?

hmmm good idea but i reckon you'd need to seal the top better! road dirt and moisture will find its way up and possibly ruin the mdf....

 

 

i didn't even think of doing it like that!!! how would you strap it in????

i was gonna use a wagons strpping system

 

or maybe rig something up from a ute?? you know how they wind em down??

  • Author

Something like that, but just a short strap across the edge of the hole.

 

And I never thought about stuff getting in :yes:

The one that i had a look at in a sigma we had was like a frame which holds the tyre up and when you want to get to the spare you pop a plastic cover in the bood and use your wheel brace to turn the hex headed shaft which winds down the front of the cage allowing access to pull out the spare

sounds good ryan and it'd be about the right size too!!!

 

ken a couple of straps would be dodge i reckon cos it'd be flexible. when you hit bumps and stuf the tyre will move around and stuff??

or have i got you wrong??

  • Author

Sounds posh!

 

I ment metal straps, should be ok??

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

What size wheels are you running? 13"? as the Sigma spare holder is for a 14". I'm sure you could get the assembly and mod it to suit your needs.

oh also have you considered intalling your amps behind the rear seat??
not the best idea, the amps will be hot pretty quick and you'll fry them. They need air to keep them cool and functioning properly

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.