November 7, 201213 yr Author comment_635495 One of many jobs on the list... Bumper worked it's way loose on the trip up. Layed bitumen in the wheel arches and painted the sills to tidy things up a bit last night. Lots of jobs left on the list! Edited November 7, 201213 yr by Doogs Report
November 9, 201213 yr comment_635751 WOW. Your hard work paid off. Looks great. Good inspiration. Report
November 12, 201213 yr comment_636088 good work on your rolla, looks awesome. my ke25 is nearly finished. we will have to catch up soon. i just gotta book my in for a rwc then get the rego paid on it . 4yrs later and I'm nearly on the road too. Report
November 12, 201213 yr Author comment_636107 Thanks guys! i have really been enjoying driving the car, headed for a hills run with mates last night in the great weather. :D It really reminded me how I need to sort the power/brakes etc soon though! I did a bit of work on the stereo over the weekend, making up sealed boxes for the rears and also buying some gear including a decent head unit. As per usual things took way longer than expected but slow progress is still progress! One of the previous owners had put speakers in the rear 1/4 trims so I figured I'd just open the holes up for 6x9s instead of cutting my parcel shelf. Report
November 15, 201213 yr comment_636435 wow! your car's pretty overrated!! very impressed, esp with the headlining sitting so perfect! Did you use glue or is it sitting just with the tension from the hangers? struggling with getting my headlining to sit properly :( Report
November 15, 201213 yr Author comment_636436 wow! your car's pretty overrated!! very impressed, esp with the headlining sitting so perfect! Did you use glue or is it sitting just with the tension from the hangers? struggling with getting my headlining to sit properly :( Cheers mate! I used contact adhesive all the way around the edges. Plenty of bulldog clips and old pinchweld help you to get an even tension the whole way around whilst you install it and the glue dries. Report
November 25, 201213 yr comment_637676 Your 20 looked great at Classic Japan today, so bloody clean. Report
December 7, 201213 yr Author comment_638975 Great pics Jimi, cheers! Well guys I have been working away some more, but no pics as yet. General maintenance/servicing has been on the cards and I'm getting my exhaust done next week. Still need to finish the stereo and pull the 5k down so I can do the cam/head etc. Just saw the thread today, seriously humbled to be nominated for COTY! :o Thanks heaps! :y: Edited December 7, 201213 yr by Doogs Report
December 10, 201213 yr comment_639316 Congratulations for the nomination for COTY. It is definitely an inspiring read to see how persistent you were at getting things how you wanted. Just right :) Good luck! EDIT: Oops, my cup of tea went cold! See how engrossed I was! ;) Edited December 10, 201213 yr by seabiscuit Report
December 11, 201213 yr comment_639513 Just read your whole thread. Well done for all the effort. Can really see the hours you must have poured into this thing. Looks bloody amazing! Can only hope my ke26 come up this magnificent when it done! Looks so good man!!! Well done! Cheers, leighroy Report
December 15, 201213 yr Author comment_639920 So this was going to be a happy post about how I'm really stoked about my new 2 inch exhaust system.... But then some bitch ran up my arse as I turned into a mate's driveway on a quiet suburban street! More details to come, car will be off the road for a bit :/ Report
December 15, 201213 yr comment_639930 ah shit mate! Really sorry something has happened with the huge amount of work put in so far. Hope you can get some compensation for it!! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now