Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Featured Replies

not good !!!!!! how bad is the damage

  • Replies 407
  • Views 858k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Thanks for the kind words guys.   I took the car up to Lake Eildon this weekend as I was going waterskiing with mates. Car ran pretty well but I think I have a blocked PCV, there was some oil leakag

  • Your 20 looked great at Classic Japan today, so bloody clean.    

  • Cheers guys, will definately be up for a cruise when i get it all put together. :)

Just read your whole build mate hoolie Doolie your car was exactly how mine is now same rust spots everything same I'm goin to have sore hands ha ha

  • Author

The damage;

523730_10151563245507067_1427873560_n.jpg

425618_10151563243237067_1599485635_n.jpg

 

My chosen repairer has quoted Shannon's $4,000 for the work, he said the bent boot floor is the main reason for this. I'm sure his job will be of top quality, I'm just worried about whether the other driver's insurance company will give us grief or not... Man this sucks. I know it hasn't been on the road long, but I really miss driving it particularly with the nice new exhaust note :/

 

On a positive note I scored this for a bargain;

425600_10151564921902067_112633526_n.jpg

Goes pretty well with an SC14 ;)

 

Plans;

> Fit HD clutch (current one slips as soon as you make any boost)

>Overhaul brakes with new EBC reds/rotors/wheel bearings

>RWC

>15x8 gold meshies

>Coilovers

>Hillclimbs/Motokahna/Hills fun

I'm going to get stuck in over the next few weeks off work, try to take my mind off the KE20 damage!

That sucks about the 20 mate!!!

 

MR2 looks nice. I may have to join you for a bit of bitumen khana action too.

Edited by kickn5k

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey guys,

I have sourced a new tail light and surround for the car and dropped it down to the panel beaters the other day. They are powering through the work and think it will be painted by the end of next week! :D

The bumper re-conditioners are still closed and so that is likely to hold things up. If I can source another bar they suggested I use that whilst they are getting the old bar repaired (the rest of the chrome is m-int on my bar).

I will post up some pics of the repair when I get them from my brother, we saw them pulling the rear end straight through the bumper anchor points, cool stuff!

 

I have been working hard on the MR in the meantime and it now has a new clutch and the brakes have been over-hauled. I will start a thread for it fairly soon but the general idea will be a club motorsport/fun car rather than a neat streeter (the paint is not perfect).

Cheers,

Dougal

glad its coming back together mate..!

some insurance co's write them off...

looking forward to pics

sucks about the damage after such a long haul with the body work/paint work, but glad to hear its almost fixed for you.

aw11 looks the goods too.

  • Author

Hey guys,

 

I'd just like to say thanks to anyone who voted for my car in COTY. it is really humbling to be put alongside some of the previous winners that are of such a high standard.

Seriously stoked! :)

I hope to improve the car further over the coming year and do a few more things to make the car stand out/a little more unique.

 

Cheers,

Dougal

Well done man!

Awesome effort doogs, as a spray painter I am impressed by your dedication to getting your ride up to this high standard. Very nice indeed. Hope you are happy with the repairs and your back cruising ASAP. Luke

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So guys, I'm pretty happy!

 

Got the car back Friday and they did a pretty good job, my bar isn't done yet so kindly Dave (TE278U) lent me one of his for the weekend. Cheers mate!

A group of us then went for a driving weekend up to Myrtleford and had a blast! I surprised a few of them with what you can do with a stock 3k too! :P

Seriously keen to get my 5k happening soon and also some more brake/suspension mods, I chewed the outers of the front tyres a bit due to lack of camber!

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03532.jpg

awesome news mate...!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.