Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Doogs

One of many jobs on the list... Bumper worked it's way loose on the trip up.

Layed bitumen in the wheel arches and painted the sills to tidy things up a bit last night. Lots of jobs left on the list!

Edited by Doogs

Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys!

i have really been enjoying driving the car, headed for a hills run with mates last night in the great weather. :D

It really reminded me how I need to sort the power/brakes etc soon though!

I did a bit of work on the stereo over the weekend, making up sealed boxes for the rears and also buying some gear including a decent head unit. As per usual things took way longer than expected but slow progress is still progress!

One of the previous owners had put speakers in the rear 1/4 trims so I figured I'd just open the holes up for 6x9s instead of cutting my parcel shelf.

1352618836877.jpg

1352618838773.jpg

1352618838101.jpg

wow! your car's pretty overrated!! very impressed, esp with the headlining sitting so perfect! Did you use glue or is it sitting just with the tension from the hangers? struggling with getting my headlining to sit properly :(

Cheers mate!

I used contact adhesive all the way around the edges. Plenty of bulldog clips and old pinchweld help you to get an even tension the whole way around whilst you install it and the glue dries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great pics Jimi, cheers!

Well guys I have been working away some more, but no pics as yet. General maintenance/servicing has been on the cards and I'm getting my exhaust done next week.

Still need to finish the stereo and pull the 5k down so I can do the cam/head etc.

Just saw the thread today, seriously humbled to be nominated for COTY! :o

Thanks heaps! :y:

Edited by Doogs

So this was going to be a happy post about how I'm really stoked about my new 2 inch exhaust system.... But then some bitch ran up my arse as I turned into a mate's driveway on a quiet suburban street! More details to come, car will be off the road for a bit :/