Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rolla Bus Ae82 W/rebuilt 4agze (yet To Be Started)!

Featured Replies

Hey guys!

 

My name is Leigh (aka Moe) and I own what was a ae82 1985 CSX sedan!

 

I origionally bought the car as a run around back in early 2005 so that I could concentrate on my project car (XA Falcon Coupe)... But I lost my licence for 3 months and out of total bordom, one thing let to another and 2 weeks after handing in my licence I was sanding back the origional silver paint of the Corolla!

 

The car has been thru several rebuilds since it origionally got resprayed (and currently has been off the road for 13months for biggest rebuild Ive done to it)!

 

How it was when I first bought it:

Origional.jpg

 

At the time, I had NO idea about the 4age motor and I spent a few grand on the 4ac...

Included oversized piston, head port and polish, a custom ground Crow Cam etc, etc...

picture00097.jpg

 

I also had the interior retimmed in a felt like material:

100_0122.jpg

 

100_0123.jpg

 

100_0125.jpg

Edited by RollaBus_4agze

  • Replies 262
  • Views 173.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

The ae82 dash I wasnt really a fan of, so I did a ae92 conversion: (smoothed, painted and airbrushed)

newdash.jpg

 

picture00190.jpg

 

100_1456copy.jpg

 

Boot install:

picture00004.jpg

 

vip_054.jpg

 

Had some 'brushing done on the bonnet as well:

Bonnet.jpg

 

Finished result:

Lowered1.jpg

 

Lowered3.jpg

  • Author

NOW...

 

I'm very much into the show side of things, and as nice as the car had turned out, I really wasnt happy with it!

So, I took it off the road a little over a year ago now! Everything pretty much has been changed, modded, chromed or painted in one way or another!

The biggest thing to change was the 4agze conversion :D

 

The engine is still yet to be started:

100_1133.jpg

 

100_1143.jpg

 

100_1152.jpg

 

picture00185.jpg

 

100_1171.jpg

 

100_1186.jpg

 

100_1488.jpg

 

100_1489.jpg

  • Author

One thing I had alot of trouble with, was the 18" rims on the rear... bad rubbing issues on the gaurd :D

I had not seen this done on ANY ae82 before... So hoping I'm a bit of a pioneer with this :)

100_1452.jpg

 

100_1453.jpg

 

100_1457.jpg

 

100_1458.jpg

 

100_1478.jpg

 

100_1477.jpg

  • Author

The rear bumper also had to be modded because it no longer lined up with the new gaurds...

I cut up my origional front bar and had it plastic welded and massaged so it looks like it should have been from factory!

100_1504.jpg

 

100_1578.jpg

 

100_1580.jpg

 

100_1628.jpg

 

I have a ton on photos on the build up of the engine, dash conversion etc if anyone is interested!

Awesome to have found another Corolla forum!

 

Hope everyone likes the Rolla Bus!!! :D

Cheers, Moe

Haha it's hell good to see a later model rolla being done up. How much money did all this cost you? You've done heaps to it...

 

Oh, also those rims look really nice on it.

Edited by Mybowlcut

  • Author

A fair bit actually man :D

But I have done a fair bit of the work myself which always pays off!!!

 

Oh, here are a few pics of the leather interior getting done at the moment :)

100_1765.jpg

 

14032008391hs0.jpg

 

14032008390tv3.jpg

Edited by RollaBus_4agze

Nice work mate! I like the custom guard work. Definately out up your other pics of the build.

What's happened with the xa coupe?

 

Matt.

i love this car just for how much effort is put into it!

 

the engine bay airbrushing is so cool, I'm actually planning on purely going to a tassie car show just to see this car!

I saw this car posted on another forum about 6 months ago and mate, can I say this is one of the coolest rolla's i have seen! :D

 

I am glad you have joined ROLLACLUB and show us your car :no2: . I love everything you have done to it.

 

It is partly the reason why i bought my car!! lol Great choice on the new leather seats by the way. :yes:

 

Keep up the great work!

 

 

Cheers, johno

 

 

 

 

PS I wanted to tell you i think this car is HOT when i saw it but i couldn't coz i wasnt a member :poke:

Edited by Johno

WOW

 

Pure and simply

 

WOW

 

:poke:

Thats unreal and a real credit to yourself I'm a RWD man but that is just awesome keep it up :poke:

  • Author
Nice work mate! I like the custom guard work. Definately out up your other pics of the build.

What's happened with the xa coupe?

 

Matt.

 

Thanks dude...

 

I still have the XA Coupe... Its currently sitting in storage!

Theres no way I'm going to sell it, have ALOT of plans for it :D

 

i love this car just for how much effort is put into it!

 

the engine bay airbrushing is so cool, I'm actually planning on purely going to a tassie car show just to see this car!

 

Cheers dude...

I'm 100% positive it will be finished by Shannons Car Show this year :yes:

 

I am then taking it to Melbourne Auto Salon as well later this year!

 

Thats unreal and a real credit to yourself I'm a RWD man but that is just awesome keep it up :poke:

 

haha I know what you mean dude!

 

Id love to try a AWD conversion on it one day...

But at the moment, just wnt to get it finished first (for the 4th time haha)

  • Author

Heres a few more pics:

 

The gearbox:

100_1142.jpg

 

100_1149.jpg

 

100_1153.jpg

 

Cam plate:

100_1151.jpg

 

Cam gears... Really wanting some adjustable ones tho...

100_1166.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.