Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One Man's Trash...

Featured Replies

Went to the local council abandoned vehicle auctions the other day. It was raining fairly hard, and the auction itself is held outdoors, so only myself and two other people bothered to show up. (and they were more interested in an old tractor)

 

post-1955-1211959904_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1211959961_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1211959986_thumb.jpg

 

Bonnet latch was stuck... council guys didn't even bother to pop it. Oh if they had....

 

post-1955-1211960076_thumb.jpg

 

Its a GA70 (import) converted to a twin turbo 1JZ... and manual. Nice set of 18's too.

The bidding was intense... but I managed to buy it....

 

For $50. The opening bid.

 

Unfortunately all the build and compliance plates have been flogged, so it'll never be registered again... :yes:

 

So this thread will eventually turn into the buildup of whatever vehicle I decide to shoehorn this driveline into.

 

I have a few ideas :lolcry:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang you've got a supreme bargain there :lolcry:

  • Author
Oh shit. Best bargain ever. Ill give you a hundred bucks for it. lol. Best thing is they already ditched the shithole motor it was born with.

 

Ironically, when I first saw it I was kinda hoping it had the 1G so I could shove it in a 'rolla :yes:

But a 1JZ is fine.... don't get me wrong :lolcry:

 

I have yet to check which GB it has... its an early JZ and I'm not sure whether its a W or R series. Either way it shifts well and the clutch feels like a HD item...

 

Going to be fun pulling it down and seeing what other goodies it has... I just found a Blitz BOV and boost controller...

I haven't even checked what GB it has yet... its an early JZ and I'm not sure if they used a W or R series... either way it feels slick.

 

 

If its the original from the car it should be R154. I think a lot of 1J cars had em too, so I bet thats what it is. That gearbox alone could be worth 1500 dollars.

HOLY SHIT!! thats a bargain unbelievable for $50 even if it is a strange world where everything is at

90degrees to the horizontal.

 

Well done, be a few K profit there if was resold... this is one of those stories you hear about

but never believe.

 

Scott.

Edited by ROL-110

flipped for your convienience

suprafronthl9.th.jpg

suprareargu5.th.jpg

post19551211959986thumbvm3.jpg

post19551211960076thumbio2.jpg

 

Cheers

Edited by rolla_kid

You know I think the police / rego authorities can provide you with a new chassis number if you can prove you acquired the car legitimately. I don't know how they tell if its an aussie car or a import in that scenario though.

  • Author

cheers rolla_kid... couldn't be arsed doing it myself... and admittedly the thought of Jip (any many others) staring at the screen with head tilted 90 degrees kept me kinda amused for a little while :)

 

Jono: They did come JZ from factory, but in this case it was originally a GA70, with a 1G-GTTE.

Jip: I ran out of fingers after 10 and I can't be bothered taking my shoes off to count any higher so I'm not sure.

 

Silverra: I have looked into getting new plates etc, but having done some cafe napkin calculations on restoration costs I think I will save myself the bureaucratic nightmare and just pinch the driveline, part the rest out. It can be done, but the paper trail will be immense. As it was imported under the old rules I'll need to get a new LO1 import plate issued, build plate from another GA70 import, new VIN number, and to top it off, a modplate for the JZ conversion... *sigh*

 

I think I will stick the driveline into THIS :D

 

Going to fiddle with it today, see if it will fire up. Also need to slide under and ID the gearbox... its missing the shifter, which is annoying.

 

Oh and I only just noticed, its an Aero-top ;)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.