How Hard Would This Be To Straighten Out?

ke30dude

I am looking into buying this beastie, but worried about this damage.

Rest of the car is pretty good, not much rust at all even the spare tyre well is excellent.

What is this gonna cost to have fixed up in that corner for the basic metalwork and bogging? I am plenty capable of stripping out the parts around it and painting at a later date just not very good at unbending panels.

Has been sitting for a LONG time.

post-5829-1212220144_thumb.jpg

post-5829-1212220179_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I reckon any panel beater worth anything should be able to get that straight in a day or so, i take it that rusty bit is just surface rust from flaked off paint. The hard parts are the edges and lines is it bent around the tail light area towards boot lid or just near bumper. :)

Edited by radrollaz

I reckon any panel beater worth anything should be able to get that straight in a day or so, i take it that rusty bit is just surface rust from flaked off paint. The hard parts are the edges and lines is it bent around the tail light area towards boot lid or just near bumper. :bash:

I agree, i ran a workshop for a fleet company seen alot of damages like this. Id say 600 roughly to straighten and paint in primer, the panel shop will probably recomend painting the whole car due to the condition which will be something else ull need to consider espcially being old. May have hidden rust and some more dents that require attention

Then you may need to go down the track of getting new windscreen rubbers or even a whole rubber kit

haha where does it end

Not too concerned about the other rust, etc. Going for a bit too much for my pocket at the moment so we'll let this one pass :bash:

One day I will have another 20, would have just made a good sister for the 26 wagon I have in storage.

and why would you leave a 26 in storage??!

(not that i can say much, as the 26 i bought is still suburbs away in a backyard, receiving no love from me......yet)

Bought it back when I was on my L's, probably 4 - 5 years ago now. Drove 500+km to melbourne to get it also lol.

Will get to it one day. :bash:

from the pic of the white ke20, the outside just suffer from minor dents. My panel beater used to tell me that as long as the metal is not folded with ridges, then its easier to repair with some dolly and hammer.

lucky thing the dents can be accesible from the boot. Some pic of the damage from the inside of the boot can tell much more about the dents though.

if the metal is bent-straighten it,if its stretched-shrink it,if its rusty-weld it,and when its straight paint it.make a few enquiries ,there's a lot of people that do weekend work.

I wish it was that simple if I had of got it, unfortunately I am not cashed up and live in the middle of nowhere so getting a panel beater is hard as is let alone for weekend work.

Cheers.

lol. this is where i admire haveing an ex mechanic grandpa. 2 hour drive to the middle of no where and he fixed it all for me on the farm i just payed for materials.

still annoying as it wasnt my fault but the cops are surely gonna believe a qualified bus driver over some kid who had her p's for a couple weeks.