Ravens 'other' Ke25

Raven

So I see a few people were looking forward to a thread on my current daily.

post-600-1212921361_thumb.jpg

About a week ago, I saw that KE25 KID was selling his KE25 (complete with bent axle and buckled rim), so I snapped it up on the proviso that I could get the car running as it wasnt running at all.

So I drove down to his place and proceeded to work through the mistakes that the 'mechanic' had done to get the car running again.

First up, the car didnt run at all. Upon closer inspection the dizzy was wayyyyyyyyy out of alignment and a dodgy fix to the rotor button had been attempted.

So I pulled out the dizzy, realigned the oil pump and with a couple of love taps from SST #1 (hammer), I seated the dizzy back in and fitted a new rotor button.

The car was then firing only on two cylinders, those two being number 1 and 4. 2 and 3 decided that they wouldnt run.

So I checked out the exhaust system as it was noisy as. What I found was one nut missing off the exhaust flange off the bottom of the exhaust manifold, so with a nut provided by none other than KE25 KID, I tightened them up and the car fired up. I timed it by ear and then I drove it home.

When I got home, I parked it and went out and came back to checking out the car the next day. I noticed that the other exhaust flange nut had disappeared so off to Superdodgy Auto to get myself another nut.

Once that was sorted, I checked the manifold bolts and all were lose, so I tightened them up too.

I then obtained another KE20 axle and another rim (had to re-drill the stud pattern and remove old wheel studs from bent axle and fit them to the new one as it didn't have any) and fitted them up today.

While under the car, I noticed that the exhaust flange halfway down the car had been undone and there were no bolts attached. I did this up too.

Then me and my old man adjusted the steering box, which removed most of the quarter of a turn free-play that the car had.

Tomorrow its getting an oil change (as its running crappy oil and we wont go there as to why :D) and i'm going to start popping out the dent under the rear quarter window to get it ready for a coat of paint :lol:

Feel free to ask questions :D

Cheers

Raven

Edited by Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat waterproof black paint and I'm going to change the hubs/rear axles over to KE30 items. Just need to shorten the rear axles 5mm.

Then I'll get the same rims and wont have the need to drill them out to fit. :D

So I got as far as doing an oil change today as I had to fit a fuel filter on my old man's VS Wagon, so I didnt get a chance to pop out the dent unfortunately.

Next weekend will see me pick up some leaf springs and rear bootlid hinges for my other 25 :D

Yeah i got dicked around with the wrong oil filter, then I pulled all the front grille and light surrounds off to make it fit better, then put it all back together.

The oil change actually took me 20 mins once I had the right filter :D

Raven that oil was overrated condish lol :P good for another 20hrs or at least that what the briggs and stratton brochure says hahaha.

You've don't more to it in the 1 and a bit youve had it than i did in almost a year. good to see it go to a good home.

CHEERS

Ryan

This one is going to be my daily while the yellow one gets most of my cash.

Once my Magna sells, the cash from that is going straight into the yellow car for sand/bead or soda blast and all the rust repaired and have the car etch primered ready for a coat of fresh paint :P