Ae71? T-18? Te71?

rjenman

This is tripped but the answer is probably simple. On a crazed forum binge I stumbled across this:

"A KE70 is more like an AE71...... or an A engine powered T-18 (TE7x) as you call them in australia. "

Warrrt? Ok I have read "AE71" quite a bit in my research, but is T-18 or TE70 equivalent to AE71? I was under the impression that T's were celicas, and something else, but not straight out corollas.... is the guy who wrote the quote just smashed? :greenbounce: w|

oh just for reference's sake this is where its from:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=m...art=0#msg_23467

Edited by Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad

oh by the way just out of interest I'm researching 4AGE engine swap into my car and everything that involves. don't need any help yet still looking into it. its a maybe at the mo, either way i will probably upgrade my suspension to start things off first.

as i posted before, i was looking into putting the 3k head on my currently residing 4K-C ... and if i do i will most probably get some nicer cams to throw in whilst I'm going to that trouble and get some professional boring done. oh yeah... and must do a pressure check on the motor too cos its got like 255thou k's on it. would anyone agree that a 4K with 255000 on the clock is not worth modding without a rebuild?

we shall see, still deciding on which direction to go...

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/toyota/80/te72gal/

T18 is a corolla, it ran a T series engine 2T-C or 3T-C? T Series gearbox, T series diff etc.

The reason KE70 and AE71s are usually compared together is the body/chassi is entirely the same, they only had slight mechanical changes. KE70 ran a cable clutch, AE71 ran a hydraulic clutch. KE70 used a K40/K50 gearbox, AE71 used a T40/T50 gearbox, KE70 has a different tailshaft/diff to the AE71 etc. etc...

• 3 years later...
so does that mean i can just drop in a 4age or do i need custom monts or can i just use ae71 egine monts????

Why'd you dig up a 3 year old thread for man? Should've also mentioned that you've got a T18. :hmm:

Edit: You'll have to use the A series crossmember, it'll bolt straight on. Change bell housing on the gearbox then it should bolt straight onto a 4AGE. Not too sure on what's gonna happen with the steering side of things though. Might have to get a custom rack and pinion made up.

Edited by adam-__-

Why'd you dig up a 3 year old thread for man? Should've also mentioned that you've got a T18. :)

Edit: You'll have to use the A series crossmember, it'll bolt straight on. Change bell housing on the gearbox then it should bolt straight onto a 4AGE. Not too sure on what's gonna happen with the steering side of things though. Might have to get a custom rack and pinion made up.

Its an old thread but the information contained within is still solid.

If you change to an A series engine then you should just get all the steering parts as well from the ae71 and bolt them in. It will all fit and hey presto, a rack and pinion conversion with zero modded parts.

Its an old thread but the information contained within is still solid.

If you change to an A series engine then you should just get all the steering parts as well from the ae71 and bolt them in. It will all fit and hey presto, a rack and pinion conversion with zero modded parts.

As above ^^

But in order for everything to be entirely bolt in you'll still also need an AE71 pedal box.