Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what? why? they always had the best prices and all the good parts. :blinks:

Exactly guys, I was very shocked too. A couple of weeks back Paul and I went down to get some pieces around 4.30pm and the double gates were shut, and today with a mate again we went back only to find the gates closed but this time a sign on the gate said to go to 93 Heahterton Rd (CMA Recycling), so we went down only to be told "Nah its closed, for good" I couldnt believe it!

There's a joint that goes by the name of Andy's Auto Wreckers on Camp Rd in Campbellfield. It was suggested to us by "The overrated Ke70" after spotting a Ke38 for us.

We went there today to bring home the Tailgate from this Ke38, but didn't.

What'd happen was, the Tailgate had Damage next the the Right-Hand Latch that may not be repairable. We went up to the Owner of the Wreckers and asked how much he wanted for it. He said to us (a certain price) for it. We showed him the Damage and still stuck with his asking price. He then asked, "How much will you pay for it?". We offered him a lower price. He scoffed at us, and then walked off.

Our advice, if you're planning on going there and getting something from there, Bring a Big Wallet with ya, and expect to pay Big Cash for Crap.

Josh :blinks:

Edited by ewt

There's a joint that goes by the name of Andy's Auto Wreckers on Camp Rd in Campbellfield. It was suggested to us by "The overrated Ke70" after spotting a Ke38 for us.

We went there today to bring home the Tailgate from this Ke38, but didn't.

What'd happen was, the Tailgate had Damage next the the Right-Hand Latch that may not be repairable. We went up to the Owner of the Wreckers and asked how much he wanted for it. He said to us (a certain price) for it. We showed him the Damage and still stuck with his asking price. He then asked, "How much will you pay for it?". We offered him a lower price. He scoffed at us, and then walked off.

Our advice, if you're planning on going there and getting something from there, Bring a Big Wallet with ya, and expect to pay Big Cash for Crap.

Josh :blinks:

yupyup, will agree with this 100%

only if you can't find something after 12months should you go to andy's.....hell, you'd almost get off cheaper buying from the US or Japanland!

yupyup, will agree with this 100%

only if you can't find something after 12months should you go to andy's.....hell, you'd almost get off cheaper buying from the US or Japanland!

The bloke you need to deal with (if you're lucky enough) is the old guy Andy, not the younger guy who dosent seem to be interestred in what you talk about. 8-10 years ago before all these other profiteering tools worked there Andy was honest and in some cases he would let you have the part for nothing.

The younger guy clearly makes his own prices, Eg

Ae71 t bar console surround, $45.00 if you take it off you're self

Ae82 drivers' window $35.00 if you take it out your self

Ae71 front bumber bar $80.00 if you take it off your self :blinks:

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

I used to go there a bit, had a good chat with the young guy and turns out he's a mad ford nut. Plus he really like my val wagon... So I used to get cheap parts. Mind you, I still got them cheaper at pick your nose, was a good wrecker.

JP

Mind you, I still got them cheaper at pick your nose, was a good wrecker.

Yep.. Agreed.. Dad and I got a Ke30 Metallic Goldy/Grey Bonnet from Pinch-a-part for $35 with only 1 tiny dent in it.

Might have to tell my ol' man about the "Older Andy" and how the young Andy comes up with ridiculous prices.

Thanks Guys..

Josh :abuse:

Yep.. Agreed.. Dad and I got a Ke30 Metallic Goldy/Grey Bonnet from Pinch-a-part for $35 with only 1 tiny dent in it.

Might have to tell my ol' man about the "Older Andy" and how the young Andy comes up with ridiculous prices.

Thanks Guys..

Josh :)

i know andy well have been using him for parts for years. He is one top guy, and loves his Cats ( his pets) His son is also a top guy who i think is now in his 50's.

They have a new guy working for them who charges prices out of this world. He is short with dark hair. i suggest you stay away from this guy and go find andy or andy's son to get a price.

hopes this helps a little

i know andy well have been using him for parts for years. He is one top guy, and loves his Cats ( his pets) His son is also a top guy who i think is now in his 50's.

They have a new guy working for them who charges prices out of this world. He is short with dark hair. i suggest you stay away from this guy and go find andy or andy's son to get a price.

hopes this helps a little

Andy is a top bloke who gives a fair go, I don't recall his son though? and yes that young short guy with the dark hair is just pulls prices out of the air.

george i think his name is.. ive also found you can't just go in for a look when he's around. he asks you what your after, usually responds with "nah don't have any of them" and then stares you down till you leave.

andy was awesome, but just directs all sales to george now.

Does anyone know if there are any slant front ke70 csx's or ae71 csx's down at Centre road wreckers? I'm hunting for a genuine csx tape deck but have had no luck so far.

Gavclassic replied offering me tape deck and console and I replied back requesting only tape deck and relevant wiring but have not heard back back from him.

Thanks,

Ben.

Below is a photo of the tape deck.

ae71tapedeck.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"