Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oke020

Featured Replies

I know you weren't.

 

You able to salvage any of the bottom end?

 

hahhahahaha.........no. ooo wait the belt tensioner was still good. but the piece of timing cover it was attached to wasnt

  • Replies 419
  • Views 320.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hey mate i run some speedflow and some redhorse, the guy i was getting them off has closed shop, not sure if someone else has taken over the distributorship.   As for the ID plates and the boys in b

  • Hey thanks for the comments :), i am fairly certain it could of went 1000 without gas given another run as the tyres were up to temp, also both passes archie got off it at 7800rpm which is 1000rpm sho

  • come accross this vid from power play the other weekend its sick!!!  

Posted Images

hahhahahaha.........no. ooo wait the belt tensioner was still good. but the piece of timing cover it was attached to wasnt

 

Talking about pistons or anything like that.

Spewing to hear the bad news.

Just spent a good hour the other night showing a mate videos of this beast.

He was suitably gobsmacked the whole time.

Hope you get it going soon.

All the best with the rebuild.

Perhaps now you'll get some decent horsepower results.:wink:

Bloody hell:

 

post-1373-096140100 1299997744_thumb.jpg

 

Reminds me of this:

 

Bloody hell:

 

post-1373-096140100 1299997744_thumb.jpg

 

 

I can see the insides from here....

jesus mary and joseph, never seen anything like that let alone in a 2j

congrats on the 7 sec pass Scott, shame about the motor! But I'm sure you'll have the car back better than ever in no time.

 

Cheers,

Ryan

  • 2 months later...

Ive been following for a long time and your car is a massive inspiration for me also.

 

I myself am building a KE20 too, not as crazy as yours but fast enough for me :blush:

 

Your thoughts on the rear end...

 

Ive minitubbed mine and moved the leaves inboard 100mm to accomodate my tires.

 

I'm undecided on whether to go a 2 link or caltrac... or mixture of both.. I'm sure you have been through this already?

 

What are your thoughts? I'm probably going to be running some where say from 9.0-9.5sec.

 

Keep at it man! Love the car! Hope one day to make it up to QLD to see this beast :dance:

So sorry to hear, but I know youll be back in action before too long with yet more power.

 

One of the best cars Ive seen on the Rollaclub ever, and most definately now one of the best known and respected drag cars in Australia nowadays, whenever I get into a conversation about drag racing with some random person, they always know this car and its accomplishments.

 

Super dooper work on the 7.

 

So where to from here? If I had to guess it would be that you would rebuild another 2j with some improvements to the main caps, possibly a nice custom girdle to keep the bearings in place. Or maybe look at another motor all together, but then what could you put in there that would do the job of this 2j better than it does? I'm thinking maybe more capacity but whats bigger in the Toyota family except maybe 1UZ which arguably has less potential. I assume youre happy with your gearing and rpm at the line, so would stroking it be an option that wouldnt limit the rpm your running, Id assume there would be little advantage in a light chassis? I guess I'm just wondering what you could do to improve this thing further, it seems pretty damn well put together as a package, its hard to see anything obvious that it would benefit from.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

 

Oh and Little Red, he already has a bamboo KE20 with a 1UZ... what ever happened to that thing??

From what Scott has said the car will be coming back with a 2J, a bit more power, and some extra bars added to the cage!!! But i was out on saturday night at the Bracket meeting and scott was there in a cressida, with a na 2j in it, that he had bolted some boost onto, and a few other bits and this big old full weight cressida went 12.8 at 118mph! Through a stock auto. I thought it was pretty cool.

  • 6 years later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.