December 26, 200817 yr comment_301761 don't want to point out the obvious here but if you don't like what he has done to the car then #%*$ OFF and read another thread Leave this guy alone he is doing what he wants and that is all that matters god damnit all you haters out there that have nothing better to do but winge and bitch about some one else. Edited December 26, 200817 yr by roladude Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301772 What you all did better with your 1st car cause mummy and daddy paid for it. I paid for me own car.... mum wouldn't help besides putting fuel in.. 1978 Corona wagon, dropped 2.5" on 15's.. god i miss that car ;) Also i see it if someone don't like what ive done then so be it, i also learn from a negative opinion which i think is a good skill to have but i also express my opinions to other people. what Trav has done to his car is not what id do.. I'm more into a clean look. What i don't get is why your still running stocko wheels? me personally can not stand "kitted out" or "slammed" cars on stock rims :) Have to admit i did spray all my windows on a paddock basher i had.. Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301797 er....its a forum...on the internet. Forum - A place to give your opinion and have discussion.... Internet - Porn, more porn and dickheads that argue on forums. unravel ya panties and harden the Fuck up before shit starts getting deleted. Edited December 26, 200817 yr by Xany Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301802 For a motor mechanic you have started some pretty stupid topics asking stupid questions: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=25795#entry295394 http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=26026#entry297837 So why don't you just shut up and leave the kid alone and that goes for fukin everyone that has put negativity into this thread, What you all did better with your 1st car cause mummy and daddy paid for it. uh... NEWSFLASH!!! My mummy and daddy did not pay for my car. I started out with a ke70 too. Paid for it myself. It was a shitbox!! But I fixed the problems I had with it, and it wasn't too bad of a car when I was done. And I don't think that I've been asking stupid questions, if you don't know something, its always a good idea to ask. Why do you think I have workshop manuals at work? Why do you think that I talk with other motor mechanics at work? I think that it is appropriate to offer opinions whether they be positive or negative. I really really really do NOT like your car and what you've done to it. I'm happy that YOU like it, but I never will. Please don't EVER butcher something more collectable such as an earlier model!!! Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301873 yeah but there is constructive critisism and there is plain old dissin someone, like what rob83ke70 said. He could have said it better. Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301881 I'm not a fan of the spray can paint job or the body kit but its trav's car. The spray on taillight tint was a stuff up but thats how you learn,, the hard way. It scraped off easy as. Trav loves corollas just like all of us on here. I admit i have done some really stupid shit when i was young too like buy fake ass chrome rims, use AC sheeting to fill rust holes the size of footballs in my panels, hook up 12v battery's in the boot that rolls around because i couldn't afford 8 gauge cable. He's just trying something new, even if it turns out shit which some things have. He's having fun and thats what we are all on here to do. He probably did the spray can job and all the other shortcuts because of money. He's a p plater, he loves his car and wants it modified. Let him have his fun and leave him alone. Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301886 Trav: Hey, the way I see it, its your first car. The mods you've done, while not particularly tasteful (from a retro classics POV) or performance enhancing (from a racers point of view), reflect the amount of love a young person has for their first car. There's a tonne of enthisiasm and love for this car going on. Once Trav learns more about a cars mechanical side I'm sure he will refocus his efforts into more positive and practical areas, to enhance the driving experience for the driver. We're all here to learn, and every day is a school day, how quickly we forget that sometimes (me included). The KE has been modified with lots of positive energy on a low budget. Kudos for doing the best with what you have. My personal opinion, well I think the bonnet scoop was a mistake, as was the kit and painting the console and dash bright shiny colours. Those mods just scream Rice, as in Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. They seem to hint that you want the ke70 to be something different. I say, throw the rice away and let the car be a ke70. It is what it is, old. If you don't appreciate the retro styling or agility of the ke, maybe you should think about getting a later, bigger, newer car asap. I guess I'm just philosophically different to most young people these days. I'm not into stereos or bling, or looking faster than I am, I prefer to look much slower, the looks on peoples faces are better that way. I only tend to make a change to a cars appearance if I have to. All the best, if your happy thats all that matters. :) Edited December 27, 200817 yr by LittleRedSpirit Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301890 the way i see it, its his own car... he likes the way it looks and obviously likes being different to everyone else which i award you 10 points for that, my mum always said "if you have nothing nice to say.. don't say anything!" if you want a ke70 to pick on, pick on this blue ke70 :) Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301924 Trav: Hey, the way I see it, its your first car. The mods you've done, while not particularly tasteful (from a retro classics POV) or performance enhancing (from a racers point of view), reflect the amount of love a young person has for their first car. There's a tonne of enthisiasm and love for this car going on. Once Trav learns more about a cars mechanical side I'm sure he will refocus his efforts into more positive and practical areas, to enhance the driving experience for the driver. We're all here to learn, and every day is a school day, how quickly we forget that sometimes (me included). The KE been modified with lots of positive energy on a low budget. Kudos for doing the best with what you have. My personal opinion, well I think the bonnet scoop was a mistake, as was the kit and painting the console and dash bright shiny colours. Those mods just scream Rice, as in Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. They seem to hint that you want the ke70 to be something different. I say, throw the rice away and let the car be a ke70. It is what it is, old. If you don't appreciate the retro styling or agility of the ke, maybe you should think about getting a later, bigger, newer car asap. I guess I'm just philosophically different to most young people these days. I'm not into stereos or bling, or looking faster than I am, I prefer to look much slower, the looks on peoples faces are better that way. I only tend to make a change to a cars appearance if I have to. All the best, if your happy thats all that matters. :) Well said mate ;) Report
December 27, 200817 yr comment_301927 the way i see it, its his own car... he likes the way it looks and obviously likes being different to everyone else which i award you 10 points for that, my mum always said "if you have nothing nice to say.. don't say anything!" if you want a ke70 to pick on, pick on this blue ke70 :) Thats actually quite mad, It looks like the jap styles (transformers) and its a 2 door ;) Report
December 27, 200817 yr Author comment_301935 thanks guys, and yes, my modifiacations are purely based on a very low budget, i have said numerous times in this thread, next mods: 15" meshies spirit wing and my suspension (njot cutties)!! and id say that that blue car would look alot better with much more offset rims ;) and i do like my ke70, and lots of work has gone into it, both aethstetics and engine modifications, and soon brand new hard suspension and as for the scoop, my car WAS overheating, it was way up high on the temp gauge, i found out too that it was because i blew the gasket on old engine, so i swapped my worked engine, that i only was able to half finish as i had to put it in right then! i can't decide whether i want an s13 or an ae71, I'm leaning towards 180sx as i wouldnt mind a cheap 2 door for a change and then this ke70 would become an s15 blacktop vvti sr20det powered track only car later Travis Report
January 5, 200917 yr Author comment_304533 ahh not happy jan!! had to hit my starter today to get it to work!! might have to swap my spare in soon... Report
January 6, 200917 yr comment_304748 man, don't delay change that starter now. takes 5 seconds. from memory the spanner is a 12. Report
January 6, 200917 yr Author comment_304761 Edit: thought id make it more ledgible.. really lookin at it when i was hitting it i thought id have to take the damn exhuast manifold and inlet manifold off... Edited January 6, 200917 yr by trav_555 Report
January 6, 200917 yr comment_304787 Hey mate just read your thread. car looks sweet don't know why so many people slaggin it off. i reckon thats a good effort doing it yourself. it would be pretty boring if every corolla was a clean looking stocker. if your going for a drift look i reckon it looks pretty schmick. interested to know how much you spent on your suspension set up and how it performs. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now