Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soulsearcher's Ae112r Sportivo Turbo

Featured Replies

ahh cheers thanks heaps, will look into em

 

just gotta get some cash now :P

  • Replies 214
  • Views 159.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe your getting a hoist, thats so cool! :P

  • Author

it's not a new one, it's second hand but they can't be sold commercially (don't know why) and it's only $500!!!! and it's re-locatable so we can take it to our next house :P

 

Just have to get the shed built!

 

:)

it's not a new one, it's second hand but they can't be sold commercially (don't know why) and it's only $500!!!! and it's re-locatable so we can take it to our next house :P

 

Just have to get the shed built!

 

:)

 

Its an OH&S thing. We have the same issue with not being able to buy second hand scissor lifts, they all have to be brand new - which are obviously bloody expensive.

it's not a new one, it's second hand but they can't be sold commercially (don't know why) and it's only $500!!!! and it's re-locatable so we can take it to our next house :)

 

Just have to get the shed built!

 

:y:

 

WOW! quite simply WOW.

 

I'm going to thank you in advance as well :P

For the use of the hoist that is.

 

Thats so cool that it is transportable tis excellent.

 

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

  • Author

new issue: Cracked Exhaust Manifold

 

I had my exhaust manifold replaced in 2007 and I've got the car in having some work done and the mechanic has called with bad news, the exhaust manifold is cracked, and Toyota want $1500 for a new one.....I'm not impressed, it's only 18 months old!!!!

 

So what else can I do?

 

Lesley :jamie:

depends how cheaply you want it fixed?

 

You could just weld up the crack(s) or get a custom one made out of 5mm steam bent pipe, theres not way you will crack that stuff as long as its been welded correctly.

 

Either $1500 for a stock factory exhaust manifold is ridiculus, stock manifolds as a rule don't flow very well anyway

get it welded then ported

 

or go to exhaust shop and get a custom tuned length extractors!

 

Travis

  • Author

I went down to the workshop and the cracks are in the .... uh... ok, if you look at your hand and the bit between your fingers is kind of a web bit? it's like that ... it's not off the car yet, so there may be more underneath, at this moment in time, I think it's just going to be welded until I figure out what I want to do (and save up some money!) I have an appointment next friday with an exhaust shop, he's going to have a look and he mentioned something about boilers pipe? oh, the mechanic is also concerned about the amount of oil through the turbo.....we shall wait and see....

hmm dosent sound too good aye

 

darn

 

good luck with it

 

also maybe get a second mechanics opinion?

Grab me a part number miss, and ill see what price i can get one for. Pm it to me.

 

T

  • Author

ok, still don't have the part number, this week has sucked nuts!

 

BUT here's a little update...

 

I decided to weld the cracks as a short term fix, then I'll probably get a stainless one made up...

 

They were a bit worried about the turbo, so we sent it off to be checked out, it's all ok *PHEW!*

 

The pipes have been made/modified and painted, I haven't seen them, but they apparently look HAWT!

 

Tomorrow I'm off to Pirtek to look at pretty shiney hoses :)

 

I've not had any more bad news :y:

 

I've got an appointment for a dyno tune next week to make sure all the settings are optimised

 

I'm really pleased with the progress made so far, and tomorrow I'm taking pictures for my scrap book :y:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.