1st Episode Of Top Gear, What Did You Think Of It ?

Budowski

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed that too, thought for a second they might have confused numbers with the Mustang Super Snake (as reviewed in the TGA magazine vs the W427), but it still only had 700-odd HP, so no idea where Cock-head is pulling his numbers from.....probably fairy-land.

The only way I can figure it is that they've taken the horsepower figure (550), thuoght it was the kilowatt figure, then multiplied it by 1.341 to get horsepower, but even then it's still only 737hp.

Anytime. :y:

I just worked it out!!! Rob is the Stig!!! Top Gear is filmed at an airport - Rob works at airports. The Stig drives the wheels off cars - Rob fills in on the Holden Driving Team. The Stig covers his face with a helmet - Rob needs to!

:cool:

Edited by ancullen

I may have not of read the other posts word for word, but i was under the impression people are allowed to voice their OWN opinions. Taz_Rx. you can't say that you have never been negative towards something else.

As for the ford and holden part, if they really wanted to compare cars, they would put and 8 against and 8 or a super 6 against a super 6. thats my opinion but yeah.

yeah it may be early days, but ill be totally suprised if it lasts a while with the same hosts that it has. You need people that captivate the audience. One of the main and biggest points they made when auditioning for top gear aust was to not be like the UK hosts at all, seems like they themselves havent gone by that point

:cool:

As for the ford and holden part, if they really wanted to compare cars, they would put and 8 against and 8 or a super 6 against a super 6. thats my opinion but yeah.

There's more than one way to compare cars. You can compare by body shape, by price, by equivalent features, engine configuration, equivalent performance, "genre" (ie family cars, rep-mobiles, luxury, base models)

In this case, they chose equivalent performance. Ford aren't marketing their performance 6s against the Holden ones (apart from the n/a XR6) because there is no Holden equivalent. Both the XR6 Turbo AND the XR8 are competitors to the SS, and both the F6 and GT are competitors to the Clubsport R8/GTS. Ford just gives you the extra option of whether you want a straight 6 turbo or V8 for roughly the same money and roughly the same performance. It just turns out that the turbo variant is invariably better than the V8, thusly Top Gear were justified in choosing the F6 as Ford's _best_ mass produced Falcon to go up against Holden's _best_ mass produced Commodore.

The Holden Versus Ford comparison was in no way comprehensive.

It was pure PR for ford and holden and therefore a complete waste of their time and ours.

It was more then likely a contractual deal that they couldnt have a final outcome.

There is no way on gods green earth that Ford would let them compare their GT and the HSV.

They would lose too much face over how slow their GT is compared to the HSV.

I watched expecting to see a full show on the Holden versus Ford issue, at the very least I expected a few tests of different models not just top of the range.

They didnt divulge too many specifications on either car and the only decent thing was SOME of the helis they got to pull.

missSX, it sometime pays to read other posts, rather than reading the topic heading and making a reply.

Oh and if you're that dissapointed in the aussie version.......don't watch it, plain and simple.

Maybe she couldnt stand to read through the long winded review you chose to give? Do you want a tissue because she didnt read it? love the way you quote yourself! top job!

And isn't the idea of any thread asking for opinions on something to give them? plain and simple? or am I missing some of your magical tasmanian logic somewhere in this?

I thought the whole thing was better, but still far from perfect in both the hosts and content.

my "two bobs" worth.

For last time,..... they were not comparing the cars :cool: And everbody keeps dwelling on the fact that they didn't do a fair comparo, when it wasn't a comparo at all!!

It was simply a statement (and this also explain the short story) that aussie produced performence cars have basically the best bang for buck in the world!

after watching the UK version for 5 odd years with their track, the aussie one just looks......really really bad. un-watchable bad.

i like how they have clarkson corner. i can imagine him kicking up a stink over the aussie version paying tribute to him....

to me the Au topgear is just a filler until UK version comes back, even then the UK version is starting to fall off.

SBS is still a season behind with UK Top Gear and they're about to start a new season in less than a month. I'm a die hard Top Gear fan but I haven't watched a single episode of AU Top Gear. IMO there is only one Top Gear...

In other news... Top Gear Russia? OK this is getting ridiculous. Remember what happened last time Clarkson whored himself out making all those specials? While its not Jeremy doing it this time I fear the same thing may happen.