Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

Members dont see this ad

Mick, medicine man on rollclub brought a set off a guy in Dunedin who still makes them, but it's only the manifolds with base plate i think.

Talk to him or jump on K club, and do a search.

Ours were a TRD set, they don't make them anymore!!

Sheldon's on holidays in Aus at the moment so don't expect a reply anytime soon.

And Mick E - he's not the sort of guy who like getting stuffed around so if you deffinately want a set save up, contact him and purchase. Don't be asking him heaps of questions an try and barter price cause he'll loose interest real quick. :blush:

Oh and he's in Oamaru not Dunedin.

Edited by Taz_Rx

Thanks, it's coming together slower than expected, but it all takes time.

Should be sweet when she's finished.

So this weekend saw the diff all painted and reassembled, just waiting for Tony to finish the trailing arms.

have started to run the wiring, but had to stop and mock up the engine and gearbox to make sure I got all the wiring right, hate having to pull shit apart to correct stuff. So this gave us the chance to pull some of the goodies out and trial fit them.

post-439-1270969511_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270969607_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270969853_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270969973_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270970088_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270970270_thumb.jpg

the new shell, if you can call it that.

Body deadening removed from the inside,

hello

just wondering how did you get the body/sound deadening out as i have a ae71 that i'm basicly rebuilding and want to take the deadening out. Also with the seam welding is that just welding most of the edges, sorry if this is a waste of your time its just that I'm new to the corolla/project car thing.

thanks and much appreciated

Sam

Looking awesome, what kind of pipes you running on this beast 4-2 or 4-1's? Loving the integrated tri brace too :bash:

rolla__madd: I'm pretty sure the trick is dry ice and a hammer and chisel, it'll make the tar brittle and it'll snap into bits rather than smearing.

Thanks Beerhead, that's the old cage from the old car, tri brace was always in there, but because the cage is MANZ and NOT CAMS approved we can run it, if we had a CAMS cage we couldn't, (Stupid f@$ken cams)

Sam, beerhead is right about the dry ice, it's the easiest way to remove sound deadening from the inside of the car, for the underneath we use wire bushes on drills and grinders, then paint thinners to remove the last of it, big job!!

Seam welding is where you do weld MOST of the seams, not fully, but just stitch welding, so every 25-30mm you have a weld.

You don't need to weld every seam, just the important ones, these would be the ones that will add strength to the body shell.

Have a look through some of the earlier photos and you'll see where we have welded, to get an idea.