Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

Engine compartment sanding.

post-439-1260009737_thumb.jpg

Engine compartment primed and ready for paint, should be painted tomorrow if all goes well.

post-439-1260009876_thumb.jpg

Hoping to have the rest of the shell finished over Xmas and then it's only a matter of rebuilding the engine, transfering the gearbox and diff, re-wiring the car, running brake and fuel lines, and building a new fuel tank.

Not much really. :P

Members dont see this ad

Windscreen has been fitted so it wouldn't get broken, also the TRD sticker was done at the same time, now just have to keep it covered if we do any grinding.

post-439-1260698505_thumb.jpg

Tony has sanded the jams to get them ready for primer and paint

post-439-1260698099_thumb.jpg

Working on the doors at the moment, just primer-ed the doors, the insides will be painted then bolted to the car.

Hopefully next weekend we'll be ready to fit the doors to the car. Still lots to do, but the goal is the have the shell/body work finished over xmas then we can start to install everything.

post-439-1260697886_thumb.jpg

Waiting for the crank to arrive and then the engine can go to the machine shop, cams are here too.

Roof vent arrived today, should be installed over xmas.

Just need Teddy to come back so i can get the other vent now.

Alloy pulley's have arrived as well.

Painted the door jams today, mmm nice shiny paint!!!

post-439-1261219136_thumb.jpg

post-439-1261218908_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow will be finishing off the inside of the door and then they'll be bolted to the car.

Inside the boot where the seal goes will be finished off and painted too, hopefully.

Then all the panels can be bolted to the car and then the panel beating will begin, and if all goes well she will have a coat of paint within the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well paint is starting to go on to the panels.

I have painted 3 doors and 2 guards, shame i have to re-paint one of the guards as dust got into the paint and it looks like shit, even for a rally car.

post-439-1261999985_thumb.jpg

Tony is progressing nicely with the back guards and is hoping to finish them on Thursday.

post-439-1262000145_thumb.jpg

I should have the roof vents finished on Wednesday so the roof and back guards can be painted hopefully Friday.

Still have to strip the bonnet and boot, also panel beat the lower apron, has a bit of damage from previous rally's.

Very happy with how it's looking considering the rust repairs it's had.

So all the panel work is finally done!!!

Tomorrow it should have paint on the car and then it's just the bonnet and boot to paint.

I must be nut's!! worked til 8.30 on years eve to get primer on it. :) Anyhow it should be worth it tomorrow when it's got paint on it.

post-439-1262260831_thumb.jpg

post-439-1262260572_thumb.jpg

post-439-1262261006_thumb.jpg

Well it finally has paint on it!!!

We are now slowly putting it back together.

Just have the bonnet and boot to paint, that should be fairly easy.

I think it's come up well considering what we started with and how much rust it had in it.

post-439-1262342899_thumb.jpg

post-439-1262342977_thumb.jpg

post-439-1262343043_thumb.jpg

so i didn't quite get the bonnet and boot finished, but don't care as the car looks great.

She's off her stands and on it's wheel now, we have started slowly putting it back together.

Trying to clean and check everything as we go.

Oh, there is a reason or two we painted it white, in a night rally, throw a light under the car in servicing and the white reflects it.

Also it's a very neutral color for sponsors.

post-439-1262431941_thumb.jpg