Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

thanks, we're hoping she'll be a weapon.

Thinks have been a little slow happening on it as we a fitting a roll cage to a Mitzy rally car for a friend of ours, hoping to have that finished this weekend so thinks should really start to move a long.

More parts have arrived.

Mmmm, nice new clutch, good for 250hp.

post-439-1268991331_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well this weekend was back to work on the new rally car.

Tony got the bonnets pins fitted after f@$king a set of Sparco ones, the Sparco pins were made smaller than the nuts they supplied with the pins, as soon as you tightened them up they stripped the threads on the pins, shit f@$ken crap!!!

Ended up using our Jap ones, which were perfect.

Started running the fuel and brake lines inside the car, and under the bonnet too.

Starting to look a little more like a car now!!

post-439-1270288378_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270288583_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270289048_thumb.jpg

post-439-1270289166_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mitch, sorry about the quality of the photos, were taken with a phone.

yea thats alright i take all my photos with a phone haha does the job i would be interested asto what went into your previous motor as far as parts combos of differnt series bits in the k series and jus any tips to make power from a 5k and what power did you guys get??

Well it is a TRD uprite, and that does help a lot, the longer intake runners made the engine very torque-y.

The final engine has, standard valves, CB4 springs, but only the outer, double valve springs can rob power from the engine, the bottom end has 4age pistons and rods, yes it can be done!! standard crank, custom flywheel, a kelford camtech camshaft, which i don't think they grind anymore, you wouldn't want it, it is huge!! it is a 43/78 cam, with 11.5mm of lift at the valve.

40mm side draught dellorto's, head was ported by our self's, mmm the engine was made to produce torque not hp!!

Only ever got one dyno figure on an earlier engine, running like shit, almost a flat battery, and f@$ked alternator, and 91 ulp and it was 90hp, but the torque figures were huge.

PM me if you need anymore info.

chris

Today's effort saw the diff housing painted, so that can go back together with new brake line covering and braided hoses.

Also got the battery cable wiring sorted, so that'll be finished shortly, found some mesh at supercheap for behind the grind, perfect for grass and stone protection, that'll be fitted soon as well.