Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeeez,

trust me i went down this path too about a year ago

buy and ae71 drive it then do breaks and suspension,

the 4agze bolt in but that's the easiest part, you still need a EFI fuel system, rad, exhaust, clutch, wiring and computers n shit

few people have no trouble doing it but i had nothing but a headache over it

buy a ae71, then start from there

The 'A' in AE71 means A series engine, the same series as 4AG(Z)Es, and the 'K' in KE70 means K series, a completely different engine to the A series, so you have to make major mods to a KE70 to fit A series engines, whereas with an AE71, they literally bolt straight in.

just because an engine fits in the engine bay, DOES NOT mean it fits properly.

without big modifications it will be 2 cylinders further forward than the 4 cylinder they came with.

No Really!

The four cylinders they came with are lucky to reach the crossmember,

lets not upset our perfectly balanced 1970s handling boys, thats it, I'm reinstalling the 3k and giving it back to grandma.:)

I think that the O.P. might need to read all the FAqs and wikis, search around, look at members rides, get some ideas and come back with a fresh perspective and some more interesting questions.

The reason you would be different to the rest of us with a straight six motor in a ke70 is that the chassis has terrific weight balance, and its designed for a 4 cylinder inline motor. Like the others have said, it will limit the handling of the car, suspension can counter this to an extent but I personally rate handling of higher importance than performance.

There are many SR20, 3sge, ca18, and 4age corollas around because those motors don't weight a tonne, and are all inline 4s that don't dump all the weight in front of the front wheels.

4agze will give you the performance you need in a Corolla, without giving you a reduction in handling.

Yeah mate if you fit the 3k head on a 4k it bumps the compression up, but the 3k head is also older and might need reconditioning and maybe corroded. heres my verdict on engines..

1gge 2000cc: Probably couldnt be registered unless done illegaly or spent the money on getting everything up to an engineers standards.

4ag(z)e 1600cc:well worth the money, and plenty of spares and performance. Hence why it's so common.

Ca18/sr20 1800-2000cc: Probably better bang for buck over the 4ag(z)e power wise and theres still plenty of spares around, but they sound like shit haha.

18rg 2000cc: Pretty strong and good motors, but unless you went EFI you would probably get sick of the induction from the twin carby's. also as stated they are old technology and quite hard to find parts for and when you do find parts they are dear as buggery.

2tg 1600cc: pretty much the same deal as 18rg except better... only because i have one in my corolla haha. TOP motors love to rev but so hard to get new parts that don't cost more than the car is worth.

3sge 2000cc: Pretty much owns all of the above motors, specialy if turbo'd. and its still Toyota. But you miaswell throw your wallet in the bin as there will be nothing left in it.

18rg 2000cc: Pretty strong and good motors, but unless you went EFI you would probably get sick of the induction from the twin carby's. also as stated they are old technology and quite hard to find parts for and when you do find parts they are dear as buggery.

Does not compute

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Yeah mate if you fit the 3k head on a 4k it bumps the compression up, but the 3k head is also older and might need reconditioning and maybe corroded. heres my verdict on engines..

1gge 2000cc: Probably couldnt be registered unless done illegaly or spent the money on getting everything up to an engineers standards.

4ag(z)e 1600cc:well worth the money, and plenty of spares and performance. Hence why it's so common.

Ca18/sr20 1800-2000cc: Probably better bang for buck over the 4ag(z)e power wise and theres still plenty of spares around, but they sound like shit haha.

2tg 1600cc: pretty much the same deal as 18rg except better... only because i have one in my corolla haha. TOP motors love to rev but so hard to get new parts that don't cost more than the car is worth.

3sge 2000cc: Pretty much owns all of the above motors, specialy if turbo'd. and its still Toyota. But you miaswell throw your wallet in the bin as there will be nothing left in it.

Does not compute

DOES NOT COMPUTE

:cool: