Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Rotorolla

Featured Replies

Sweet rig mate, well done. :wub:

I was admiring this at Hanging rock, nice to know a bit of the story behind the build.

 

I've heard Stainless is obviously more durable and a bit more attractive, but the cost is a limiting factor. I think you can get by with a Mild Steel setup or a mix of the two, but if you have the cash Stainless is better.

  • Replies 227
  • Views 189.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stainless will be even more "raspy" than the mild steel. Give it 200km worth of driving and then see what its like as an exhaust will normally get a little bit quieter and deeper when it gets a coating of carbon on the insdie of it. :wub:

as above, i just suggeested a SS packed muffler due to the heat factor of rotary exhausts. Otherwise ull find the muffler will burn out pretty quick

  • Author

Got it measured up just before. Looks like its going to get an 8" Redback offset muffler. We just plugged another straight through muffler with a slight bend and no baffles up the tail pipe, and it shut it up a little.

The one he suggested has an offset, so you can't see light through it and it wont affect flow too much. He reckons they're alot more solid than the cheap lukey crap that was on there. So it should last for a few years considering how little I drive the car. It all happens Wednesday.

 

The exhaust bloke mentioned the same thing about carboning up. He also mentioned it when I had my pulsar done and there was no change after a month. The rolla is off it tits, so if it did become a little more sedate it still wouldnt be enough.

Edited by kangaroosa

  • Author

Yeah ok. Got the straight through muffler put on which knocked off a bit of noise, but most importantly it got rid of the raspy noise. I took another movie with some revving from behind the car...but once again its distorted. So i took some footage from the passenger door looking back towards the exhaust and it still came out distorted.

 

I did take the car for a spin at night before muffler was put on. The mission was to see if it threw flames. I didnt spot any glows and the camera picked up nothing. So its just good for lots of loud backfires......

 

Its still got a nice note and is loud. So I will still be clutching in around police, but its so bad that I expect to get an EPA letter in the mail if i'm sensible.

I'm yet to drive it anymore than the 15 mins home, so hopefully i'll find a reason to get out in it.

  • Author

I've been to Adelaide before. Once is enough thankyou. :)

I've been to sleepwithyadadelaide before. Once is enough thankyou. :D

 

:D

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Yeah its lost oil pressure. I replaced the timing cover o-ring last weekend....no change. Got the flu and have been in bed for 2 days.

Ordered some new gaskets and o-ring this arvo. I'll try to get the same diameter o-ring from a bearing place, but slightly thicker as i noticed the genuine one was about the same thickness as the gasket. So maybe there wasnt enough crush in it.

 

Also looked into replacing the regulators and oil pump. The bloke couldnt find the parts numbers for the regulators and the oil pump was going to be $311+GST and atleast 2 weeks from Japan.

 

So thats all happened in the past fortnight. Its currently sitting in the shed undriveable. I'm still getting over this flu, so i'm in no rush to go laying under a car.

 

I'll do a template or something for you mick, of the front mount. I'll get pics and measurements of the gearbox crossmember aswell.

Yeah its lost oil pressure. I replaced the timing cover o-ring last weekend....no change. Got the flu and have been in bed for 2 days.

Ordered some new gaskets and o-ring this arvo. I'll try to get the same diameter o-ring from a bearing place, but slightly thicker as i noticed the genuine one was about the same thickness as the gasket. So maybe there wasnt enough crush in it.

 

Also looked into replacing the regulators and oil pump. The bloke couldnt find the parts numbers for the regulators and the oil pump was going to be $311+GST and atleast 2 weeks from Japan.

 

So thats all happened in the past fortnight. Its currently sitting in the shed undriveable. I'm still getting over this flu, so i'm in no rush to go laying under a car.

 

I'll do a template or something for you mick, of the front mount. I'll get pics and measurements of the gearbox crossmember aswell.

 

Sounds good.

 

Hopefully its pretty similar to a KE25 engine bay.

 

Maybe I should measure between the rails on the 36 and 25 and see how much difference there is.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.