Toyota Paseo, Opinions?

rob83ke70

Just been looking around at a couple of cars as a potential daily runabout and came across a Toyota Paseo 1992 model.

Any opinions on these?

How are the engines in them - do they have any known problems or traits like the 7afe does?

I read a review saying they were a bit of a slug - i'm not buying it as a sports car i just want a reliable daily.

Thanks guys :y:

Kylie

Members dont see this ad

When I was working at a Toyota dealership in the 90's these had a habit of throwing a leg out of bed (a rod through the block). I like small quick and reliable and every mechanic in the workshop said stay way clear of these.

Saying that cars are a personal choice. If you like, do it. Toyotas are the sh*t. Unfortunatly they occasionally they bring out a dud. This was 1!

Sorry Rob, I didn't see this earlier..

I bought one for Ryan a few years back, and he sold it eventually when he bought his Levin BZG.

Great little car for a single guy and cheap as dirt to run. Was obviously a Jap import in NZ, 5EFE I think it was. Ask him about it when you're around next.

I was thinking of one for Ashara if I hadn't gone RWD. I suppose the Aussies tried hard and fked it up as usual... They seem to ruin any Japanese car!

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/cynos/

do they have any known problems or traits like the 7afe does?

What problems are these? Apart from increased oil consumption with age (which _all_ A-series engines suffer, not just 7AFEs), I have yet to experience a SINGLE problem with my 7AFE, and that's after 12 years and 320,000km

all engines and cars are good if they are serviced correctly...... cars don't get serviced correctly, be it customer's fault or mechanic's fault, or even sometimes the manufacturers fault not providing an adequate service schedule.... this is the downfall of cars, especially when they change owners a few times and chop and change motor mechanics.....

I can think of a few cars that despite being serviced regularly, have had problems due to lack of PROPER maintenance... disgusting really when the customer (who doesn't know anything about cars) is taking it to the motor mechanic in good faith that it will be looked after and it doesn't get serviced PROPERLY and the customer isn't even informed.....

Thats my little rant....

Robert.

• 2 weeks later...