Tool Thats Not A Tool. Whats Your Favourite?

I can't go past the bread knife. There are so many things it can be used for. Especially popping off door window winders. Been working on my car non stop for a week and I'm always looking for it. Plus its good to spread bog in those hard to reach areas.

Got any others?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hammer takes pride of place as the #1 tool in my box, there's not a lot you can't shift/locate/bend/straighten/dislodge with an appropriately sized hammer.......

The appropriate sized hammer is the closest to you at all times without fail

*edit* I just reread the header...... Oops :lolcry: a hammer is a tool..... My non-tool is a 5 foot long 3X3 block of wood, I hit things with it, and lever stuff where I need it, and if I comes to it I shift the car around the yard with it by being tricky.....

Edited by Toy-Yoda

I have a steel drift in my work toolbox thats about 18" long and about 1/2" diameter. It an axle from a roller on a cargo container loader for aircraft. It's single purpose in life (together with a copper Thor hammer) is to undo the QAD clamps that hold engine driven fuel pumps on CFM56-7 engines. Has never failed me yet. :lolcry:

I have a steel drift in my work toolbox thats about 18" long and about 1/2" diameter. It an axle from a roller on a cargo container loader for aircraft. It's single purpose in life (together with a copper Thor hammer) is to undo the QAD clamps that hold engine driven fuel pumps on CFM56-7 engines. Has never failed me yet. :jamie:

I got the bar there from a dumbell that I use for all manner of hard to get to bashing tasks in conjunction with a sledge hammer.

No room to swing the hammer, line the dumbell up and bash it instead. Also a length of galvanized pipe never goes astray. 6 foot breaker bar anyone? :lolcry:

I've just bought a flapper wheel to try against the 3" long length of 6mm steel rod with a slot cut down it I've used for years for polishing ports.

There are some weird shapes in metal that do particular jobs around here, and I also have the 1800long 30mm axle that makes a superb pry bar... family heirloom from my dad!

i have a fork with the centre 2 tines removed. it removes window winder 'jesus' clip and the dash switches on my ke20 and ms65.

sure i could just get some circlip pliers......

ahhh the fork idea sounds overrated, ill try that. those things are a bitch to get off.

• 2 weeks later...