Tool Thats Not A Tool. Whats Your Favourite?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At our place we don't have any chain so instead we use a seatbelt to move engines around/in and out of cars.

Tie one side to exhaust, other to intake manifold and lift with engine crane.

yeah they make good tow ropes too.

I was gonna say Russell Crowe but he is a tool.

Edited by blzbub666

I was gonna say Russell Crowe but he is a tool.

:D I thought it was just me

I have a few:

axle shaft inside a pipe, great for popping steering links loose, strategic hammering, and the like.

wiper blade metal inserts ground down to various shapes, heated and melted into a small screwdriver handle in pairs, mostly used for to release VW/Audi Wiring connectors from the socket

toothbrush handle ground down to a chisel point, use like a pick or flat blade without scuffing, would make a great prison shank too!

Not really a tool but I almost exclusively use stainless steel commercial counters, shelving and sinks, I have an automated dish washing line without the machine as my parts washer/ engine table, They tend to be heavy, sturdy and are very easy to clean, and dish lines have a 4" raised ledge

Edited by gambit4000s

Hey I know its not a tool, but after working on your car and you have black hands, wet your hands with water then use clothes washing powder as an abrasive, rinse and repeat. Trust me you'll never go back. Takes a bit to rinse the slippery residue off but by far the best black hand remover ever.

Hey I know its not a tool, but after working on your car and you have black hands, wet your hands with water then use clothes washing powder as an abrasive, rinse and repeat. Trust me you'll never go back. Takes a bit to rinse the slippery residue off but by far the best black hand remover ever.

just make sure you don't have any cuts on your hands :)