Tool Thats Not A Tool. Whats Your Favourite?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

from camerondownunder

Also want fast way to bleed brakes...

Get a container run 2 hoses from it. one to bleeder nipple on brake and one hose to inlet manifold. Loosen off brake bleeder nipple. Start car start filling brake master cylinder as car sucks through brake fluid. If I am by my self I just kill engine from in the bay and presto go tighten brake nipple. Easy fast sucks a LOT of old crappy dirt out to.

and one of my tools

post-8435-1272271642_thumb.jpg

4 foot length of 2.5" galvanized pipe, got a tight nut and need a longer breaker bar, simply slide pipe over short breaker bar and presto. I also use it to leaver the blocks around onto engine mounts.

best one for filling manual gearbox's is to use a length of heater hose to go from the gearbox to the side of the car, make a hole in the lead of the oil container to pass the heater hose threw and put enough hose as to reach the oil. put another small hole in the lid to apply compressed air. don't apply to much air as you will wear the oil, just enough to make the container flex a bit and let it contract pushing the oil down the heater hose and into the gearbox. good thing about this is you can monitor how much oil your have pushed in.

Edited by LowVp

from camerondownunder

Also want fast way to bleed brakes...

Get a container run 2 hoses from it. one to bleeder nipple on brake and one hose to inlet manifold. Loosen off brake bleeder nipple. Start car start filling brake master cylinder as car sucks through brake fluid. If I am by my self I just kill engine from in the bay and presto go tighten brake nipple. Easy fast sucks a LOT of old crappy dirt out to.

post-8435-1272271642_thumb.jpg

Same principle as the vacuum bleeding kits, just cheaper. I love it.

Just remember that a lapse of concentration and you start sucking brake fluid through your manifold lol!

I've got a little 12Volt air pump, I've been meaning to rig it up as a vacuum bleeder for a while...

surprised no one has mentioned a 5 dollar bag of rags yet. indispensable. go through two bags a week lol. and, the one and only, cloth tape. used to re attach broken bupmers, repair boost leaks, plug up leaky shocks,cover up wiring, the list of uses is limited only by your imagination haha!

When the open ended spanner is too big. Stick your hand in your pocket. Coins,churchies etc make the best shims, money CAN buy! you'll never break one!

Hey, thats a good one....never thought of it that way!

Definitely be keeping that one handy!