Gavclassics New French Ride !!

Gavclassic

Always thought these little Renault R10's were a bit unique, so when this one appeared on Ebay i thought what the heck lets give it a go. This car has had only 2 previous owners, the first 1970-1992, second 1992 till now. Its only done 59,000miles and apart from some minor paint touch ups early in the 90's by the second owner it all original.

I've spent the last 2 days pulling it apart to clean, not as easy as a KE10, but i enjoyed the challenge. There was no rust to be found and most of the paint has held up well. These Renaults are rear engine 1100cc, 4 on the floor with 4 wheel disc brakes with an IRS rear end. The car is actually quite fun to drive with a great little exhaust note.

Plans are to get another set of 15" steelies widened to 6" and fit some 175/55 x 15 tyres, the original cheese cutters are 135SR 15's on 4" wide rims, fit some CIBIE driving lights to the front bar and lower the front a little.

post-834-1264919398_thumb.jpg

post-834-1264919491_thumb.jpg

post-834-1264919578_thumb.jpg

post-834-1264919694_thumb.jpg

post-834-1264919772_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
The French have never heard of the term "shoulder room", have they?

Have you seen the average Frenchie? They're so waif-like they're almost two dimensional. :)

I approve of this vehicle.

Its hideously ugly, mis-proportioned, backwards, and being French (but not a DS) its more than likely hopelessly unreliable and has diabolically unsafe handling at speeds above 3kph.

Ergo: I love it. :D

PS. Needs yellow foglights with mesh covers, and a luggage rack on the bootlid. Wicker picnic basket optional.

Edited by 7shades

Very nice. We used to have a Renault-ski 10-ski, a Skoda 110L when I was growing up. The front and rear windows on that were identical. Seemed to have a touch more width than the real 10.

I know a few people in the Renault club who would love this thing.

Nice Gav, something different. I know where a few of these are just "resting" in front yards and have

considered doing a door knock... I never got the balls to give it a go.

Tidy stuff.

Scott.

I think I know where you have seen them. Give it a go, just leave a note in the letter box :jamie: