1uzfe Ke70 Drift Car!!

lloydske70

Members dont see this ad
Silvia front stuff for a number of reasons including parts availability, easy 5 stud, easy big brakes, readily available modified knuckles to our specs, wider track whilst still retaining a low scrub radius which makes steering feel much better, power steering etc. etc.

Keen to hear about the geometry problems you mentioned. Still in early stages of build so open to suggestions. If 2 of those problems are bump-steer and ackerman, that will be sorted with custom knuckles.

Will be running modified knuckles to increase lock, reduce turns to lock, reduce ackerman and correct bump-steer. The inner and outer tie rod pivots will be parallel to the inner and outer LCA pivots for the least amount of bump-steer possible.

The inner pivots definately need to come up to raise the front roll centre which goes very low when lowering. The rear doesn't do this so un-corrected, the balance of the car is very over-steery.

Yep handbrake will be sweet as-is. Maybe thicker cables.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for a pic of the original steering knuckles next to the standard ones. I like that you're actively setting up the steering to lean more towards oversteer... That's excellent! just in case the torque won't be enough? hehe

If i am, it's not intentional. How do u set up STEERING to give an oversteer tendency?

Drift cars generally have a slight understeer tendency. It's a side-effect of softening the rear end for more traction. You have to get ur entry right and throw it into the corner. It's harder to drift but well worth it. This is what we're aiming for and why it'll run a bigger front swaybar but stock rear swaybar.

• 2 months later...

sweet jesus 3 months to build! This thing is wicked.

I tried to attach a pic too but it is a dynamic page link so I couldn't do it....

check the NS thread people!

edit: SIIIIIIIIIICKKKK!!!!!! and I really don't like ke70's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-FL9-ilsw...player_embedded

Edited by philbey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hey guys just a few updates with the car.

custom 14.1 compression pistons

kelford 286 degree cams

kelford valve springs

RB25 neo exhaust valves

heads have been ported and port matched

cometic 0.8 head gaskets

indervidual 20v 4age throttle bodys

160mm trumpets out of bonnet

7mgte injectors

E85 race fuel

the car makes 269.4kw

with a 7400rpm rev limiter. check it out on the movie bellow just keep in mind this movie is running it in with 210rwkw