Well, I'll Never Buy Another Toyota

people can always learn to drive (wow my throttle is stuck on, does turn the car off ever pop into peoples minds??)

might end up in more trouble there with no vacuum on the brake booster lol. but still some people lack brain cells in the driving department (i count myself in that sometimes lol).

how about we petition toyota to re-release the *E7*?

but this time, make it an SE71 GT... Beams in a two door liftback ftw! Just imagine corolla going back to RWD the way it should be, and they aren't allowed to add any tech wizbangs... just EFI to run the 200ish hp the beams does...

I can see it now "Rollaclub recommendations save Toyota"

ill sign it lol

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this reminds me of that bloke in ford that couldnt turn off the cruise control?

uh put it in nutural?

turn the engine off?

or drive till you run outta petrol?

doesnt ecu in the 350z blimp the trottle automatically when you put the clutch in, in sports mode?

This is the bloke on eastlink in the Territory yeah? I think his cruise control wouldnt disengage. But still.....I would be doing all i could like rubbing it along the gaurd rail to slow it down. In the end he simply ran out of road, jumped a roundabout and slowed down by jumping on the brakes.

I was told some cars lock out the gearbox selection whilst moving. I know the receptionists astra wouldnt let you out of park unless your foot was on the brake, and the ignition was on. Maybe some lock you out of putting it in neutral whilst over a certain speed....especially if the cruise control is activated.

My brother was saying his SV6 Ute's handbrake doesnt work while your over a certain speed.

What I don't get is people who drive autos and left foot brake?? So you see them driving along off from the lights brake lights blazing and smoke billowing from their pads because they have taken off with one foot on brake, one on accelerator :hmm:

Wrong :yes:

I use both feet at the lights to get the revs up prior to launch >| It doesn't move until I lift of the brake though.

Never had another car beat me at the lights in the Avalon or the Soarer... the Rolla's don't count :S

This is the bloke on eastlink in the Territory yeah? I think his cruise control wouldnt disengage. But still.....I would be doing all i could like rubbing it along the gaurd rail to slow it down. In the end he simply ran out of road, jumped a roundabout and slowed down by jumping on the brakes.

I was told some cars lock out the gearbox selection whilst moving. I know the receptionists astra wouldnt let you out of park unless your foot was on the brake, and the ignition was on. Maybe some lock you out of putting it in neutral whilst over a certain speed....especially if the cruise control is activated.

My brother was saying his SV6 Ute's handbrake doesnt work while your over a certain speed.

It was a '02 Ford Exploder. Couldn't turn the motor off and had a neutral lock out. And it seams that in america the model was recalled due to a faulty switch on the brake pedal that turned the cruise off. But it was for a different reason - the american recall was for the switch that could cause the exploder to go up in flames :(

Yet again :P

I hope you realise that if they do make this beams car we still wont be able to afford it and will only buy it if its 600 bucks and comes with a pair of longchamps and rego

This genuinely made me giggle :(

On topic: There is always a way to stop a car, as long as you have full comprehensive insurance you're fine..... :P

I was told some cars lock out the gearbox selection whilst moving. I know the receptionists astra wouldnt let you out of park unless your foot was on the brake, and the ignition was on.

Same deal with my old ladies focus.

Car has to be in ignition and foot on the brake to allow you to shift out of park. Can hear the solenoid click back when the brake is applied in Park

Same deal with my old ladies focus.

Car has to be in ignition and foot on the brake to allow you to shift out of park. Can hear the solenoid click back when the brake is applied in Park

Just force it out. :P

Yeah, it'll break the solenoid, but wouldnt you rather be stopped and safe than moving along at 100km/h without a clue on how to slow the thing down?

Just force it out. :P

Yeah, it'll break the solenoid, but wouldnt you rather be stopped and safe than moving along at 100km/h without a clue on how to slow the thing down?

I'm just talking about getting it OUT of park.

I'm sure the the germans are smart enough to let you slip it into neutral.

But on the other hand, they probably sell these in the US market, so who knows what idiot-proof features are needed to comply there.