Ke17 Sleeper Project

jimi91

Hey guys,

My Project Plan:

My plan is to rebuild a Toyota Corolla Ke17 Sprinter which has been my dads for many years and has been sitting around unused since 1996, From what i can gather it had a 4k in the end which had a big cam i think and dad said it went ok.

Anyway my plan is to get the car and do a full rebuild from ground up, ill put a 3k or 4k(which we have under the bench and has a big cam :laff:) then make the engine a uprite version which will be a bit of work but will be worth it in the end, set of twin 40mm webbers, twin throttle linkage, t50 gearbox modified to suite uprite engine, um not sure on front end yet but prob rosebud joint the front end, maybe modify celica or later model stuts to suit, diff either corona, celica, corolla or maybe even a rx4 diff(i think dad said he had one which was modified to suit 120y datto, it was this way cause it had a rotary back in the group g days :D ), not sure weither ill do any flares but might have to do a bonnet scoop due to the uprite engine, interia ill try keep standard except for seats and a bit of dash work but other then that nothing else. I'm even thinking of putting a set or race roller rockers in it but i might have to save up first

My plan is to build this weapon so i can go to club days or go do motorkhana and autocross and that kind of stuff

Well i hope ill be able to start this car soon but ill have to wait and see if dad lets me and when i have a bit of room and time

See ya jimi

ps. how do ya do posts on tech builds and rolla rides?????, any tips would be appreciated!!

Edited by jimi91

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well ill have to try and do that for u guys

the one pictured is already done sort of we put them bathurst globes on, discs on front and plan to put a manual and set of duel carbies nothing to special we have all the parts just have to find the time to do it all!!

the other one i hope to get pics soon but i can say that the old 17 is in bad shape and will take a long time to fix to drive stage!!

well ill have to try and do that for u guys

the one pictured is already done sort of we put them bathurst globes on, discs on front and plan to put a manual and set of duel carbies nothing to special we have all the parts just have to find the time to do it all!!

the other one i hope to get pics soon but i can say that the old 17 is in bad shape and will take a long time to fix to drive stage!!

You will get there, mate. Theres plenty of ke1x fans here to prod you along if your mojo declines.

:laff:

oh cheers mate yeah well i think its going to be hard cause its my first one ill attempt by my own ive been helping my dad build a rally car at the moment and we have both learn't alot with it and i think ive learnt enough to attempt on of my own!!

yeah thanks guys

unfortunately i can't get to many pics of the 17 cause its in bendigo but when we bring her down ill get heaps for u guys

yeah i thought that but if the engine is upright it might hit the bonnet but ill get to that problem

thanks for the advice guys

at the moment we are moving house and in the proses we needed to take tyres and wheels to the new house anyway i remembered years ago we had to take one of the wheels of the 17 to get it fixed well it still isnt but i thought id show ya the mags that are going to be on her

these are apparently off road style mags like on the vw dune buggies and a real ones made for rolla stub pattern

sorry these are only pics at moment, but with moving I'm hoping we can bring the car down to geelong YAHHHHHHH!!!

post-10684-1272102551_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimi91