Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7Agte 20V Blacktop

Featured Replies

  • Replies 334
  • Views 720.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Ok, some more pics for you all.   Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)       Filling in the cracks in the dash pad       I used a

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Hi there, The motor only has done 350kms and I have already done an oil change so it was off to the rollers for a tune (I really did not like driving it with the base tune).   We only took the boos

Posted Images

  • Author

Thanks for the feed back Si. :y:

 

Dummy fitted the hoses to see what it all looks like and I think I am going to turn the oil cooler up the other way just in case I do create an airlock. (It’s not hard to change everything at this early stage).

 

 

The other thing I am going to change is the intercooler water radiator so the fins are running horizontal, that way they will be the same as the engine radiator.

 

 

post-10153-0-11640400-1349504312_thumb.jpg

 

 

I’ve got some aluminium pipes and silicone hoses that I might need to plumb the turbo to the inlet manifold via the liquid intercooler barrel. I will start on that next week if I get some time.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I turned the oil cooler up the other way and I changed the intercooler water radiator so the fins are running horizontal, that way they will be the same as the engine radiator.

 

 

post-10153-0-32173800-1350212161_thumb.jpg

 

 

I did want to run the oil cooler hoses towards the front of the car as in the photo but I will just run them over the top of the radiator and back the remote oil locator on the side of the block.

  • Author

Over the weekend I plumbed up the intercooler and polished up all of the aluminium pipes.

The following two pictures show where the blow off valve will be attached. I have the blow off valve exhausting into the turbo intake at an angle that it exhaust’s onto the turbo impeller wheel to help keep the inertia. (It will probably not amount to anything, but with this build I am trying to get the most out of everything)

 

 

 

post-10153-0-94124500-1350901510_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-10153-0-19883700-1350901529_thumb.jpg

 

 

Here are a couple of extra pictures that show the plumbing of the intercooler piping with the liquid to air intercooler being placed in front and in the centre of the motor. (Everything polished, I like shiny things)

 

 

 

post-10153-0-95907300-1350901562_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-10153-0-65491300-1350901578_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-10153-0-32829300-1350901605_thumb.jpg

 

 

 

What it looks like from the front, just low enough for the bonnet to close.

 

 

post-10153-0-88603100-1350901636_thumb.jpg

 

 

Next on my list of things to do is remove everything in the engine bay for a paint job to give it a tidy up.

The more I look at this and the benefits of water to air, the more I'm leaning towards it also,

 

I'm sure if you had a top mount turbo make that hot pipe look straight,

 

Nice work mate

man that does look really cool, all very well thought out.

 

Yep. Pretty much what I was thinking!! 👍

 

A good mate I went to trade school with, has seen some very "cool" results with his water to air cooler on his 944 turbo. Seems to be the way to go these days.

  • Author

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

 

The more I look at this and the benefits of water to air, the more I'm leaning towards it also,

 

I'm sure if you had a top mount turbo make that hot pipe look straight,

 

Nice work mate

 

Not really sure what you are saying about a top mount turbo and I do think that top mount turbo’s look good but in a small engine bay I went for a low mount for a couple of reasons;

  1. With the turbo manifold I had the turbo mounted / positioned a little further away from the block so the runners for the turbo were straighter (bends slow down the exhaust velocity)
  2. With a low mount turbo the bend straight after the turbo has less of a bend than a top mount would and then there’s the bend from the dump pipe that goes under the car, this also has less of a bend then a top mount (once again bends slow down exhaust velocity)

Again these little things may not amount to anything, but with this build I am trying to get the most out of everything)

  • Author

man that does look really cool, all very well thought out.

 

There has been a lot of planning going into this

 

 

Yep. Pretty much what I was thinking!! 👍

 

A good mate I went to trade school with, has seen some very "cool" results with his water to air cooler on his 944 turbo. Seems to be the way to go these days.

 

With the boost pressure I am planning to run with this engine I will be running the liquid to air barrel with an ice slurry to help lower the intake air temperature.

Seems you have answered my question and can relate to the manifold design for efficiency, was hard to tell in the pics, but as always on the ball,

 

I do wonder how many times you have changed your mind on the setup and parts to get where you are, haha, I hate that, bah

  • Author

Removed the engine yesterday and today finished welding up any unnecessary holes in the engine bay. This afternoon I started to rub the engine bay back for a new coat of paint to tidy it up. Hope to give it a spray next weekend.

 

post-10153-0-71927600-1351423499_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-10153-0-86826400-1351423521_thumb.jpg

  • Author

The engine bay is all rubbed back ready for a new coat of paint on the weekend.

  • Author

Now it’s time to put the motor back in.

 

 

post-10153-0-78396400-1352252412_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-10153-0-70398300-1352252464_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-10153-0-08955500-1352252483_thumb.jpg

This is COTY worthy. I'll make sure it's nominated.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.