Shocked - Hot 4s

ROLLN'03

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little off topic but you know what pisses me off...

"D.E" who was the editor for fast fours f@$ked that mag up so much they had to sack him from there and make him the editor of the 4wd mag I used to buy....

great work fella why not have a try your hand at another one .....

now i am pissed off

...... :sad:

yeah, i've bought street machine since 2000, every issue.... its an awesome mag, nothing will ever beat old skool cool.

also buy street commodores (i can see all the bogan remarks coming), been buying that for a while now too.

and yes, speed is a good mag, and zoom,but i can't afford to subscribe to more than two mags a year...

a bit off topic but /\

i used to buy street machine, then they went thru a big phase of just publishing elite cars and i got sick of it so i wrote to seddo, saying i wanted less trailer queens and more street driveable realistically modified cars. he basically told me that elite cars make money and i could get f@$ked

next issue, street machine of the year article had steve leerentveld's orange torana doing a massive burnout and the words "do you think actually driving your car had anything to do with the win?" to which he replied "hell yes"

so i decided seddo was full of shit and he wasn't getting any more of my money. they still have the best, most useful tech articles tho

i only bought the mag for the writeup on the 20b rotary in the rx7 i think it was....nice work on that one....there was also another article that caught my eye, i can't remember atm....but i did read his letter and thought the edtor was a dipshit.

i normally buy fast fours, or zoom....depends on what i want to read and whats in them.

I often buy Retro. It's a great British magazine about classic modified cars. It's pity it's not Australian actually. There are always some very interesting cars in it, eg. a racing early model Corona and a Fiat 124 with a 2L turbo motor. They have included the AE86 in one issue, and in a Reader's Rides in the last issue I bought, someone had sent a pic of their AE82 3-door GTi. Unfortunately the editors weren't sure if it quite counted as a proper Retro car, but they do cover a very broad spectrum regardless.

I bought street machine for 2 years straight then got bored of the constant "V8's are the only engine out there, f@$k the 6 cylinder and 4 cylinders" so i stopped buying it.

Don't really buy anything unless its a drift battle mag (which i rarely get anyway).

Since discovering the world of sneezing cars, I wouldn't want to even look at a Street Machine mag anymore since all they know is really V8's.

V8'S SUCK!! OIL BURNERS I SAY!!

Edited by AE35

OT again. My favourite car mag has unfortunately stopped being published, although they have started up a new mag that isn't as good. It was an Engish mag called Car and Car Conversions. Continually the best car and tech sections I've read. Sad it's gone. :P

i only buy HPI or Drift Batle. i used to read street commodores when i was about 10 and i wanted a fully sick VL mate. but then i found my 400 dollar corolla :P

quite a weird case you have there ROLLIN, would be interested in their reply.