Didn't Realise This Was An English Lesson

Members dont see this ad
wow, so glad i'm bailin on rollas for awhile. this nazi regime is so f-ing annoying now. and stop goin on about that stupid fire-fox spell check, i use f@$king internet explorer so it doesnt help me now does it?

Bye.

f@$k this place, so full of shit now that I cannot stand it, kids these days are just taking advantage of it so f@$k you all.

*cough* BULLSHIT *cough*

Well, in the end the Admin sets the tone of any forum with his moderators, and forums live or die on those decisions.

Rollaclub seems to be doing well, so overall the style is working.

Some clubs will just die when speech fashions change in a few years.... The ones I can't read right now! :jamie:

I can't believe this has gone for 6 pages before I've got to see it.

I my personal defence, I only hassle poeple who put ABSOLUTELY NO EFFORT into making their posts readable.

99.9% percent of posts go through to the keeper. Why? Everybody has different education levels, different keyboard skills, and different levels of being able to express the English language. I'm fine with spelling mistakes. I'm fine with ordinary grammer. 99% of the people here make an effort to be coherent. No problems.

I only got to Year 11 at school, but I take the time to spell and punctuate to what I think is an acceptable level because I (generally) have respect for the people who are likely to read it.

There is a difference between ability and outright laziness. If you can't be bothered making posts readable, we can't be bothered reading it.

Your initial protestations have been noted and considered.

*Done from work with no spell check, so don't get up me for spelling. :jamie:

Oh wow.....this thread gave me a few good laughs, mainly from the pics. This thread so needs to go into the "Important and Classic threads" section....

Don't you mean linked in the spelling and grammar section of the rules :jamie:

in the previous sentence i was referring to Red Dwarf who will most probably delete this post because it has hurt his feelings.

Which reminds me: Better people than you have tried, and failed.

One thing you learn about being a moderator is to not take anything personally.

My job ( and the other mods) is to run the board to the guidelines that the owners of this free meeting place have set out.

You don't have to like them. Nor are we asking you to. However, we do ask you to comply with them.

When I first started visiting forums and getting in on the posts I didn't really care or even notice too mutch of bad spelling/grammar. But now after well over 600 posts (this forum + others)

and regularly answering the same old f@$king questions like what engine can go into my shitbox I picked up for $2 and have a budget of a popsicle it really started to get annoying.

Regular flamings were sent to anyone who sms talked but after a while I chilled out and just couldn't be bothered replying to the same old questions sutch as the regular "what engine should I put in my KExx" It's a bit easier to chill now because I now realise that I have over 2 years of experience in ripping apart my car and engine, these newbies do not. Any questions I ask now have been thought through and search function used. I admit that when I started out I asked that dredded question of "what should I do" simply because after reading through everything I still wasn't sure.

But what really pisses me off is first time posters who do the unthinkable as well as SMS talk!!!!

To sum it all up, we have answered all these questions, helped countless people make decisions. The least that people could do is take the time and effort themselves.

This isn't a f@$king charity, you can't just quickly type some garbage and expect us to read it.

Now imagine the guys with well over 2000 posts, and the rage that comes.