Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

Standard wheels are only there for the time being.

Update.

Car up on hoist at work.

- Rear break squeeeeeeek = handbrake spring on wrong hole, rubbing on axle. :y:

- rear diff oil R&R

- Tailshaft out of balance. Re-shimed, and aligned. Added some new bolts n washers.

- Drained oil, R&R filter. Added sump plug washer... twas missing :hmm:

- Sump has a leak. one of the factory welds for the internal sump baffle has let go, and theres a leak at the front of the sump.

- Front wheel bearings not even hand-tight. Ugh.

- on a hard right hand turn, inside of standard wheel scrubs on caster bar. On left hand turn, theres about a 1cm gap between tire and caster bar. UGH.

- Lower control arm bushes are floged out, need replacing

- Ball joints are both split and need replacing

- Clutch fluid needs bleeding still.. hard to get gears sometimes. Will also need an adjust.. hard to get gears occasionally

- LSD is still god dam tight.

- Possibly a blown headgasket, signs of milky-ness under oil cap

- R&R cooling system coolant

- Handbrake needs adjusting, again

- Drivers door external weatherstrip on window has a rubber piece thats fallen out

- All the fuel lines / pipes need to be taken off, and the ends flared in a few mm, to stop lines slipping off. Current worm drive attachment isnt good enough.

- All the coolant clamps are worm drive and will start to leak. Need replacing.

- Air box intake is too small and needs increasing - plastic welding ftw

- Rad fan still needs to be mounted correctly

- Alt belt was noisy - Alt. Bracket was hand loose

- Wiring for Alt. was taken off front sway bar (that was just silly) and mounted along front rad. support panel

- LHF drivers door switch is sticky

- Car now has just under 70 kms on it.

Wheels have been painted. Pics Tomorrow :hmm:

Hoping to get tomorrow arvo off early, to visit John & get my door trims sorted out.

Getting sump welded

One piece at a time i guess. Not as close as i had of hoped.

To be honest, ive had a bad day, and this just pissed me RIGHT off. Sick of dealing with incompetent fools.

Some low bastard has written on the roof of the blue car "What a cock" & a big penis with there finger. Just after i cleaned it. I don't know if its grease or.. ?

What do i do ? They simply wont learn. I go out of my way not to touch other peoples things, and this is how they F*cking treat my stuff ? I suppose that's why they are in the industry. Young, Stupid, Incompetent & Absolutely no respect for society. God damnit sometimes i wish i never started in the industry, and had abit more maturity to my life during my school years. Hell, i may actually be doing something half descent now.

To be quite honest, after this week's lack of work, Realization that $17 bucks an hour is a) unmotivational b) unpractical & c) unexciting for the amount of technical information that is required to complete the job(s) on a daily basis... no wonder the industry is full of drug-F*cked morons that Rent all there lives & live off ciggys and beer. Not to mention the stress that gets involved, "Oh wow, i can't understand this problem, but its a 12,000 $ part - its only a mistake if you get it wrong :hmm: - I can't advice people strongly enough to stay out of the mechanical industry all together. Looking from a 3rd person's view on my life atm - Wow, if i wasn't living at home, there is no way i could sustain even a basic life on my current wage.

I suppose learning to break out of the normal life comfort zones will determine how this puzzle ends.. I just appear to have the total royal $hits with that place lately. Mental stimulation over the last few months has gone from Nill to None 75% of the time, Politics within the company is like a daily bolly-wood soapie'.

I wish i knew what i wanted to do in life.

are you qualified yet or is that 4th year pay?

if your on 17 as qualified i would walk, plenty more jobs out there mate.

if not, just stick out your time then move on.

theyre doing shit to your car because the know it gets to you, and its hard once they know, because theyll still do it even if you don't react anymore.

people are just pricks.

at least the car was clean, so it wont have scratched into the paint work.

just keep ya chin up matt, i know you have the ability to get there in the end, with work and the car :hmm:

Mate i can feel your pain I'm living outta home doing 12 hour days then find time to go to the gym 5 days a week being a labour on $19 an hour but life wasnt meant to be easy mate i got bills rent electricty internet mate if life was easier we would all be millionaires i feel your pain its up to you with determination. Oh and the car looks amazing alot of work keep it up mate work for yourself is when the money is if your chasing big bucks but at the end of the day its up to you