Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Dude quality build up you have here read through the pages the other day and its absoultly amazing how much effort has gone into this car very good work love it :P . Just a question I'm currently respraying my ae71 atm and would just like to know how much paint and thinner you used to paint the thing all in need is a rough estimate. Cheers

Members dont see this ad
Dude quality build up you have here read through the pages the other day and its absoultly amazing how much effort has gone into this car very good work love it :P . Just a question I'm currently respraying my ae71 atm and would just like to know how much paint and thinner you used to paint the thing all in need is a rough estimate. Cheers

I think somewhere in the vicinity of 4-6L of paint should do a KE70..

I think we used about 8L but we had issues on the first attempt with the metalics going all mottled and had to do a bit of respraying..

Yup, was going to do that, but the amount of metal and room to play with on a ke70 deffiently shows they were never built with the intention on wires to pass through haha. Great idea tho - most of the mazda range have that style (as per looking at alll the different cars at the wreckers) haha

Big day today folks

Focus : engine bay :yes:

Ok, movie(s) to come of blue car !

- removed fuel filter from engine bay, removed pipes. Made custom bracket and rubber insulator for fuel filter, painted bracket black. Mounted fuel filter, and lines in correct positions. Also installed final 2 fuel pipe / brake pipe clamps onto body. Still not 100% happy with the angle of the feed line from under fire wall to fuel filter. Will tweek again next weekend.

- mounted MAP sensor

- cleaned up, painted cam gear cover and water pump / middle plastic cover. Filled out and stuck on timing belt replaced at sticker.

- Wiring to mirrors is all done, bar putting the power wire on. Putting it into the back of the ciggy lighter circuite, and upping the fuse. They work well :D

- bell housing bolts installed by majic pixy that lives on mexican cheeze and argon-gas

- wiring installed over top of motor, fixed up

- wiring cleaned up more under dash, (ECU stuff)

- Tested handbrake light

- Ran vehicle to get timing and TPS set. Motor making a weird squeeling noise.. later found out by tony that its most likely the timing belt being done up too tight. Will de-adjust asap. Motor runs so nicely :hmm:. Sump plug has a leak. *><* :wink: