Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Thats right, I think I disconnected the TPS..

anyway, here are some pictures..

Teddy at one stage thought he was a replacement for the motor, I don't recon he is as well balanced as the new motor though :(

Teddy also did a great job tidying up the engine loom and replacing the f@$ked connectors on it...

Sv106511.jpg

Sv106512.jpg

Sv106514.jpg

Sv106515.jpg

Sv106517.jpg

Sv106518.jpg

Sv106525.jpg

Members dont see this ad

The rocket covers and middle cover have not been painted on purpose. Lets just say at the moment they are not in the motor, and will look stunning by next week *evil grin*

:D !

Things on my to do list - get door trims off John, T18 handbrake cables from rear of house. mmm that will do for now.

oh, i need new ball joints already, boots have split, thats how long its been sitting there LOL. Also need a new clutch line, as gearbox jack descided not to stay pumped up a few weeks back :(

I suppose this should have been posted adleast a year ago, but i kept it on the low for a few reasons.

Secrets are no good for show n tell, so here we go.

The Car was never originally ment to be 4AGE, or anything fancy, but a deal came along, and i couldn't resist. That is, the purchase of this vehicle.

Mumblez1.JPG

Mumblez2.jpg

Mumblez3.jpg

Nice old 1 owner, clean and simple. Ya, Yeah, she was a power beast. But behold. In the drift god we praise, comes a 3 day weekend + tools most likely from super cheap auto. And Wallah, *bolt in* (weld in, cut n shut, solder up, tape over, cut into, cut off, install) Conversion!

JDM Rebuilt 4AGE, T50 JDM box, T18 diff with 2way cusco. Rego'd and drive away. Hahah, that was an absolute hoot driving that back from nerang. BTW, it was Mumblezzz's old car; Paul for those of you who don't know him.

Mumblez4.jpg

So, I got it on a Thursday evening, and drove it back from Nerang. Long, Loud drive. Got many looks, and learnt that 2way LSD = wow its nothing like an open diff, *note that sign with the tyres that get all crossed up lol..*

DSC04899.JPGDSC04900.JPGDSC04901.JPGDSC04902.JPGDSC04903.JPG

After a thrash around the block on Friday after work, ahh so much fun that was :D , and learning that Justin could not change into 2nd gear (hahah :P), we started to strip the car. Diff from blue car taken out, diff from yella came out, both swapped and re-installed. Then, everything from the yella was removed, Sunday at 3pm aprox, we had finished. Nick, Justin & I modified the exterior of the vehicle, to ensure a smooth transaction into the afterlife.

DSC04918z.JPGDSC04920x.JPG

Thus ends this evenings story of where the blue car got its JDM motor, box and diff from :yes:

Note Paulie spec drift. enhancement accessory still on blue car, and will stay on blue car - Mango tree performance sticker on rear window hehe :yes:

Time for ye old weekly update.

- Rocket Covers airbrushed blue and silver flames on black. Looks H O T. Need to get a pic up here for you all to see

- Saturday = Shed had a 4 hour clean out and clean up. mmm nice again.

- Sort out cooling fan, mounts, shroud to get made up during week.

- Wiring for security almost done. You can't even breath on this car without out going skitzo. Sickkk :hmm:

- Finished velouring the inside of the center console. Took a few attempts, its looking nice now. and I'm happy with it. Also did under lid.

- Added all the 90° plastic strips to carpet edges (holds carpet in place, hooks over door pin-paneling. Staped guned to carpet, like origionally done.

- Shoehorned loom into plastic guards that run along drivers side (note now has to include loom, fuel pump wiring, center locking, extra lights, speaker... etc

- Sorted out all the vehicles belts. Installed the drivers belt. Installed the B pillar trims (thicker now they are swede, was not fun installing...). Floor door trims also now on.

Bring on another week, closer to the finish date :yes:

Thankyou again to Big. J for his help & 1337 Wiring Skills :o

hehe, does it now feel like finishing for bathurst was an impossible goal?

I learnt when building the silvia that you have to set yourself unattainable goals....just to get things moving on the car faster. After a while you get used to watching the dates come and go, but setting an attainable date gets nothing done because you have so much time to stuff around.

That can backfire...You set yourself unrealistic goals and you can get disheartened and give up because nothing is getting done on time.

I prefer to think of a project as a never finished, always on-going exercise that steals all your money and time but makes you happy in the end :o

that's great... the first one is like looking for a partner, and the second one is like having a partner!

top quality build Teddy... i can't wait to see this thing on GOR'09!!!