Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

OK! Things left to do.

1) Hand Brake Cable, Drivers side R&R

2) Fuel pipe hose shied above diff

3) Inner guard plastics install

4) Tighten suspension bushes when car on ground

5) Work out imoblisor problem. - Hopefully wednesday or thursday this week :wink:

6) Re-seal rear tail lights for road worthy

7) Tape up all the related wiring, install into dash and related area(s). Install remanding dash crap.

8) Install center console + handbrake glove box (all center stuff). Run blank wire to center console area for after rego center glove box light.

9) Install front seats.

10) Install SAAS boss kit & SAAS deep dish Steering wheel (hehehe )

11) - Install new DOOR TRIMS and handels. I must go harras the auto trimmer this week. GRRRR!!

12) Remove, paint and install airbox assembly mounts. Airbox piping being made up this week, provided all goes to plan - Ive got the pipe atm from a hino truck!

13) Mount & Install overflow bottle beside radiator

14) Work out how to control cooling fans and intergrate a system for that

15) Top up the gearbox.. well, re-fill it up. Rear housing seal is dry from sitting for years, and it just piss's out fluid. Just sitting there. (will R&R @ work)

16) Plug back in indicators, Replace a handfull of blown bulbs. On weekend gone by, adjusted the twinheadlight front end stuff. Now its sitting all square

17) Re-bleed clutch. Test line, it kinda held a gearbox up for about 2 weeks while the stupid jack failed.. ugh, silly me why didnt i use a jack stand.

18) Go over car with a fine tooth comb. Check and re-check everything. Check it all again. Install Rims and new tyres.

19) Once everythign is in order, and ok. Plan as follows. Detail car for the final time in the shed. Re-Water proof test it.

20) D-DAY !

• 2 weeks later...

May i just say ive just read all 55 pages in one hit and it has inspired me no end! i LOVE this Ke70 and believe once you have done the finishing touches it will be the best corolla in Australia! It would be insane to take this for a little road test and have a nice gentle cruise. OMG I'm so excited about this car LOL i love it!!!! hahaha I'm jealous so bad! if i can make my Ke38 even 1/10th as clean, well done, and utterly perfect then i will be stoked. Nice work guys love it!!! :no2:

:y: :sob:

Easter 2008 Weekend update:

Positives

- Handbrake cable installed, and adjusted. Handbrake setup is FINALLY ok & working well.

- Center console installed

- Painted and 1/2 installed seat plastic sides. Lubricated passenger side seat rails

Negatives

- vehicle security / central locking / dash power has been lost. Nothing works anymore. After i had just installed the core unit into its final position. 2 hours work.

- Alarm just goes off when armed

- Steering column plastic so old and brittle, when drilled to install security light, spontaneous snapped into 3 pieces. Considering i spent 2 hours die-grinding the key surround out to fit the ign. light in, I'm not happy to say the least

- Charcoal canister vent tip snapped off

- glue canister i was using blew out at bottom, and covered side of the carpet on passenger floor in sticky glue. FFS.

- Started pissing down rain that hard, everything got drenched. Yes, and my seats got soaked.

thats about as much as i want to type. I'm just so cheezed off. Nothing wants to go right anymore.

Everyone i know continually asks me when its going to be done, and generally i get back "ugh lazy ass bitch why isn't it done yet" crap, then ive got to kindly fill them in as to why its not done.

I feel so sorry for justin & his family. they have been so understanding and paitiant; just waiting and not giving me any pressure; considering the car has been in there shed more than ive been in there lives, very generous people.

got to 2:38.43 today, and wilst trying to keep my cool, getting pissed on by rain and nothing going right, threw a tanty & called it the most unsuccessful weekend - EVER

\Rant.

Piece of $|=|!# CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let it get you down. Think of the end result. No rush, when you finish it, you finish it. You have come an extremely long way, just look back over the pics from the beginning to now. She has evolved into one mean machine. Just remember if you rush it, there is always the possibility you wont do something right or the quality wont be as good.

You'll get there.

J.