Warning! Flash Flooding Toowoomba,Ipswich

GJM85

Members dont see this ad

The Irony...

My folks relocated from FNQ to SEQ because they were sick of being flooded in for weeks several times a year... So they got a place in Tarampa, which from all accounts is now an island.

Even MORE ironic, they came back up for christmas this year, and now they and their bloody caravan are in my backyard until the highways are open again :P

I am back from a failed car tow at Rocklea which has left dads truck hydrolocked and stuck in the Lindsay Bros depot, was fun to walk through water up to my armpits, I don't have time right now to upload pics and what not as I have come home to get a few more things and go to higher ground since the Police were here earlier to say evacuate so I will talk to you guys when I can get back.

Good luck Trev ad stay safe. See ya when its all over.

does anyone know if andrew aka ROLLADUDE from LOWOOD IS OKAY

on another note i been of work this week due to holidays and its pretty sad to hear the lose of life from the flooding and i have been glued to the Tv as we have foxtel and well watching sky news i have seen some pretty full on stuff

i just hope other memebers on here are okay if your area is starting to get affected

i went around oxley and corinda yesterday in the rolla and roads where just starting to get blocked off

i hope we call can pull through this as the next 48 hours are meant to get worse for anyone living more towards the CBD and water levels are expected to rise higher than 20m back in 1974

Bloody heck people are starting to turn into friggin animals out here. At a servo two people had a fight over a small bottle water. People are stealing others shopping trolleys.

Scumbags are down in the main street looting. Who should be shot in sight :yes:

Hi,

The Dam can hold 150% then on the western side is a rock wall the water pushes the rocks out at 150% then flows out around dam. Can see this on tv.

The dam can hold 200% at this point its structural integrity starts dropping off. So lets hope not much more flows in.

Learnt that on a dam tour once I did there :)

Now NOT TO ALARM ANYONE atm this is only news I have heard from a wollies manager (neighbour) he said due to danger and lack of stock no Ipswich woolies will be open tomorrow so lets hope we all have food I don't forgot to shop today :( dam.

Also as of 11pm tonight swan bank due to coal not getting through and the danger of pumping power into flooded waters will be cut to areas of Ipswich at 11pm and through out the flooded time. So charger batteries now.

Cameron

Hmm, geez the news is random, I was watching and they said wivenhoe was at 170% capacity today. Keep your head above water ladies and gents.

i could have been mistaken sorry i think 170 sounds better lol my bad

Hi,

The Dam can hold 150% then on the western side is a rock wall the water pushes the rocks out at 150% then flows out around dam. Can see this on tv.

The dam can hold 200% at this point its structural integrity starts dropping off. So lets hope not much more flows in.

Learnt that on a dam tour once I did there :)

whoa is all i can say

Now NOT TO ALARM ANYONE atm this is only news I have heard from a wollies manager (neighbour) he said due to danger and lack of stock no Ipswich woolies will be open tomorrow so lets hope we all have food I don't forgot to shop today :( dam.

Also as of 11pm tonight swan bank due to coal not getting through and the danger of pumping power into flooded waters will be cut to areas of Ipswich at 11pm and through out the flooded time. So charger batteries now.

Cameron