Felted Rubber Strip

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

Hey,

has anybody managed to find any replacement felted rubber strip that your wind up windows run through?

Every other piece of rubber for a ke30/55 seems to be on ebay!:-{

Cheers si

try st marys odl rubber co or maybe peter jackson rubber st marys ,same place different name.Peter Jackson's Old Auto Rubber Co. (03) 6362 3247. Deloraine, TAS ... Spectrum Rubber & Panels. (02) 9623 5333. St Marys, NSW.

Edited by me n d boy

I know you can get it there, but I pose the question, is it possible to make a 90 degree bend in it like stock one to fit the tops of the windows?

Do you need to cut it, or do they come in lengths with a 90 bend?

:hmm:

Squeeze it in with a heat gun?

Edited by blzbub666

thanks guys. Strips in Tar are all cracked on the drivers window.... which causes the glass to come off its runner.... and drop into the door. Getting a bit over it.

Cheers,

Si.

maybe my ke70 has the same problem.

currently both front windows continaully fall off their rails, and i think it is becuase the window gets stuck in the rubber rails...i thought it was because of the recent rain the rubber gets wet and "bloats" and the window gets stuck in the wet rubber.

I'm considering just getting the silicon out to make sure the window doesnt fall off its rail again.

good idea? if so any suggestions on a silicon that will stick to glass?

I'm not interested in it being pretty i just need to be able to wind down my window without it falling inside the door! its too damn hot to drive around with the windows up all the time.

how long did the band-aid work for you?

ke70 is second car for me...so i don't use it all that often.

btw when you say felted strips you are talking about what the window slides in? not the peice of rubber that sits between the window and the rail.

i attacked the whole area with lanolyn spray once. that worked ok, untill it rained again.