What Do You Think, 1Jz Or Sr20

Ke30 4 350

I love my KE30, but 1100cc isn't really going all too well, need moar POWA! So what do you think rolla peepz, 1jz or sr20? bear in mind i have an apperntices budget (aus, not much) but will be able to do much of the work myself and with my fitter and turner and auto elec mates.

Members dont see this ad

Why do you have a 1kc in your ke30..?

Both will fit, there's a ke30 copping a 1j or 2j in the technical area.

Both will be expensive and a fair load of work.

Personal preference is 1jz but practicality and ease of build dictates sr20det.

SR20DET in a ke35

post-9662-022108300 1301133416_thumb.jpg

If you need a list of things that will need to be done i can help you out

Weigh them... How much weight do you want in the nose giving you endless understeer until you accelerate and the car swaps ends from the

moar POWA

A done-up 4K would be plenty for those crappy cart-springs that the Roamans invented and you still have in the rear of your car!

Do a 5K, and when it runs well and you have learnt all about conversions, plan a 4AGE. Otherwise you will be another pissed-off loser selling a half-done conversion on here in 12months time... "no rego, no pink slip, just needs finishing and engineering . Cost me $4grand selling only $800..."

• Upvote 1

What you need s a 2jz engine.... no shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXZT70gwNg

Seriously though, I'm with Jono. The amount that it will cost to get the engine, get all the little bits and pieces, get it installed then get it engineered (I'm assuming) you are looking 10k+

If you are saving it means you won't be able to get it in for ages, so you may as well get something cheaper for now. A 5k seems like the standard sort of option, shouldn't be too hard to source (everyone always suggests them as an option, so they must be common, I actually have one sitting around) or expensive and relatively easy to install (I assume).

I thought the 3ks were 1200cc and the 4ks were 1300ccs (well something like 1296 to be precise).

I guess the other question is: what do u needz the mad pOWaA for?

To rip sid skids bro?

To be fully hectic and beat VLs in drags?

To have the best dyno chart?

To set better lap times around the track?

Or just cause you want something that has a little more zip around town?

Hi,

Speaking from experience the sr20det is pretty straight forward to fit, custom engine and gearbox mounts are easy enough, no fire wall or tunnel mods needed in ke35/55 not sure if ke30 is different.

The tricky stuff can be the wiring and intercooler fitment fuel system, diff and so on and so on.......

It all can get rather expensive though, but well worth it.

holy crap this forums awesome with the amount of replies so i'll try to start at the top:

"Why do you have a 1kc in your ke30..?"

it's a 3k-c and its something like 1160cc or something...?

"If you need a list of things that will need to be done i can help you out "

that would be sick jono

"A done-up 4K would be plenty for those crappy cart-springs that the Roamans invented and you still have in the rear of your car!

Do a 5K, and when it runs well and you have learnt all about conversions, plan a 4AGE. Otherwise you will be another pissed-off loser selling a half-done conversion on here in 12months time... "no rego, no pink slip, just needs finishing and engineering . Cost me $4grand selling only $800..."

umm... gettin coilovers and a 4 bar

"sr20 can be engineered in qld, 1j cannot.

Even if the 1j did fit, recessed firewalls cannot be engineered."

I'm a nsw guy

"I guess the other question is: what do u needz the mad pOWaA for?

To rip sid skids bro?

To be fully hectic and beat VLs in drags?

To have the best dyno chart?

To set better lap times around the track?

Or just cause you want something that has a little more zip around town? "

because more power is awesome... annd i wants it... and so 2nd and sum otha reasons, ie to beat my mates falcon...

and thanks chestikoph1 4 ur help.

so yeah, keep the advice coming plz as i still have no idea :P

Well, buy this- All the hard work is done and I don't think you would reproduce it for the money. I think the motors/6speeds go for $2500-$3000 in Altezzaclub. You get a motor that was made in the 21st century if you pick carefully, and that's a lot younger than an SR20. Pulls 8000rpm smoothly all day and puts out more than 100BHP per litre.

http://www.rollaclub...911#entry512911

Edited by altezzaclub

i'm tempted but i love my little box of crap, btw is that car legal in nsw... i dunno if we have mod plate laws :P

How difficult would a 4age or Beams motor be in my little car compared to the ones above?

(I still reckon a supercharger sr20 would be sick!!)