Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Most Stupid Thing Your Family / Friend Has Done (Automotive Relate

Featured Replies

My mate filled his n14 pulsar to the very top of the engine almost over flowing.. Then wondered why there was a cloud of smoke and funny noises coming out of the engine... ROFL

 

I'm stunned at how common this is. Makes me wonder if topping up a car with oil and water should be a class at school.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My mate changing the diff centre in his Chrysler Galant, using 2 x scissor jacks as car stands. I chipped him about doing this and told him to secure the car properly. "Nah", he said, I'm finished now

  • brother halfway to sa from melbourne. "Evan my cars making a funny noise, listen TICK TICK TICK TIC."   uhhh you check the oil?   "its showing nothing on the dipstick?"   got some spare oil?

  • Ah huh, I understand all too well. A Gemini service kit consists of spark plugs, points, oil filter and a head gasket kit. Done every 5 thousand kays.

Posted Images

I'm stunned at how common this is.

An acquaintance of mine who likes to think he knows his stuff decided to "top up" the oil on his (brand new) Forrester on the way to some kind of work, grabbed the nearest 5l generic bottle of motor oil and proceeded to dump the entire bottle in......

 

He was deadset convinced the reason he was stranded on the side of the road with his car pouring smoke was an ECU error, until the RAC guy popped the bonnet and openly lol'd in his face :laff:

 

I never have, nor will I ever let him live it down.

Edited by Toy-Yoda

My next door neighbour (female) was leaving quite an oil slick whenever she drove her Barina anywhere. I offered to have a look and she had filled the oil all the way to the top of the rocker cover. Oil was just pissing out everywhere.

On the oil bottle they should have a diagram of an engine with the oil filled to the oil cap with an x and a dip stick with a tick. Lol at the chock with barina. You go to check the oil and it squirts ya in the face

My mate and i Had just finished building a stroked 49cc engine to go on his project bike. So we tried to start the shiny fresh engine with a small amount of start ya bastard into the carby

 

After a few pulls it still wouldn't start so we put the can down and went in for drinks and we hear the engine cranking over

 

so we come back to the garage to find my other mate with a can of

 

heavy duty primer in his hand SPRAYING it into the carby

 

he had put half a can in by the time we stopped him.

Owned a gemini,

 

that is all

jacked up my vz ute with a hydraulic jack from the sump...had never used one before and my mates dumb c*** dad told me to do it from there! also my mate decided to open the radiator cap after driving it, coolant went everywhere!

I had my ute up on 4 stands I was under emptying the fuel tank out... Full tank and the transfer in weight made the whole car flip forwards over the front stands with me under it.. I had the tray off and with no fuel the back weighed nothing.. They weigh like 800 standard.. Lj81. I didn't get hurt lol

Owned a gemini,

 

that is all

 

Ah huh, I understand all too well. A Gemini service kit consists of spark plugs, points, oil filter and a head gasket kit. Done every 5 thousand kays.

mmmmmmmmm

 

buying and wrecking all those KE20/25's over the years. Used to buy them for less than $100, get the diffs or whatever I needed and take the rest to the scrapmetal yard.....

 

swapping my worked KE35 for a Holden Ute (wasnt so bad, HZ less than 60k on the clock, with all original paperwork including sales receipt) but not buying the KE35 back when it popped up in a yard for $1200 less than I got for it a fortnight later.....

 

old man and his brothers back in the day decided to lower on of their early Holdens. Measured it up, put bolcks of wood under the rails and broke out the oxy. Heated the springs so it dropped onto the blocks. All good till they backed it out of the drive and the springs collapsed till it was on the stops.........

 

Stupidest thing was selling my KE20. Cried when that one was towed away :sob: Was my youth disappearing.

Edited by coln72

jacked up my vz ute with a hydraulic jack from the sump...had never used one before and my mates dumb c*** dad told me to do it from there! also my mate decided to open the radiator cap after driving it, coolant went everywhere!

 

there is a reason why the cap says "DO NOT OPEN HOT" (or similar)

 

hahah holden drivers

there is a reason why the cap says "DO NOT OPEN HOT" (or similar)

 

hahah holden drivers

 

that was on his corona lol

After filling up at the servo I went to push the trip meter (as i do after every fillup). Stupidly reached through the steering wheel whilst turning into Hungry Jacks. I have an Autotecnica wheel with the metal 'T'. That hurt.

 

My old WA festiva had a problem where the battery would unplug itself, and whilst driving every now and then the oil light would flicker. But only every now and then so I thought it was the battery fking about. Engine started to tick a little, went to get some new oil and checked the dip and it had been running on no oil for about a week.

 

Oh, and buying into a project car with an un-motivated friend. "It's on your land, I just bought another car, you sell it. I want my money."

watching my mate try to jack his ke70 completely off the ground with 4 scissor jacks on each corner until it fell off the jacks on our mates mums car and putting a big dent in it all this to paint his 13" stockies black hahah.

 

also same day my other mate doing ringys in his daily ke70 and crashed into a tree. and finally my mate driving through a dam in his laser and getting bogged.

 

all in all great day for me.

stupidist thing ever..............? bought a daihatsu applause, Best thing ever...........bush bashed the poofter!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.