The Most Stupid Thing Your Family / Friend Has Done (Automotive Relate

TOMsGPTurbo

My mate filled his n14 pulsar to the very top of the engine almost over flowing.. Then wondered why there was a cloud of smoke and funny noises coming out of the engine... ROFL

I'm stunned at how common this is. Makes me wonder if topping up a car with oil and water should be a class at school.

Members dont see this ad

I'm stunned at how common this is.

An acquaintance of mine who likes to think he knows his stuff decided to "top up" the oil on his (brand new) Forrester on the way to some kind of work, grabbed the nearest 5l generic bottle of motor oil and proceeded to dump the entire bottle in......

He was deadset convinced the reason he was stranded on the side of the road with his car pouring smoke was an ECU error, until the RAC guy popped the bonnet and openly lol'd in his face :laff:

I never have, nor will I ever let him live it down.

Edited by Toy-Yoda

My mate and i Had just finished building a stroked 49cc engine to go on his project bike. So we tried to start the shiny fresh engine with a small amount of start ya bastard into the carby

After a few pulls it still wouldn't start so we put the can down and went in for drinks and we hear the engine cranking over

so we come back to the garage to find my other mate with a can of

heavy duty primer in his hand SPRAYING it into the carby

he had put half a can in by the time we stopped him.

I had my ute up on 4 stands I was under emptying the fuel tank out... Full tank and the transfer in weight made the whole car flip forwards over the front stands with me under it.. I had the tray off and with no fuel the back weighed nothing.. They weigh like 800 standard.. Lj81. I didn't get hurt lol

mmmmmmmmm

buying and wrecking all those KE20/25's over the years. Used to buy them for less than $100, get the diffs or whatever I needed and take the rest to the scrapmetal yard.....

swapping my worked KE35 for a Holden Ute (wasnt so bad, HZ less than 60k on the clock, with all original paperwork including sales receipt) but not buying the KE35 back when it popped up in a yard for $1200 less than I got for it a fortnight later.....

old man and his brothers back in the day decided to lower on of their early Holdens. Measured it up, put bolcks of wood under the rails and broke out the oxy. Heated the springs so it dropped onto the blocks. All good till they backed it out of the drive and the springs collapsed till it was on the stops.........

Stupidest thing was selling my KE20. Cried when that one was towed away :sob: Was my youth disappearing.

Edited by coln72

jacked up my vz ute with a hydraulic jack from the sump...had never used one before and my mates dumb c*** dad told me to do it from there! also my mate decided to open the radiator cap after driving it, coolant went everywhere!

there is a reason why the cap says "DO NOT OPEN HOT" (or similar)

hahah holden drivers

After filling up at the servo I went to push the trip meter (as i do after every fillup). Stupidly reached through the steering wheel whilst turning into Hungry Jacks. I have an Autotecnica wheel with the metal 'T'. That hurt.

My old WA festiva had a problem where the battery would unplug itself, and whilst driving every now and then the oil light would flicker. But only every now and then so I thought it was the battery fking about. Engine started to tick a little, went to get some new oil and checked the dip and it had been running on no oil for about a week.

Oh, and buying into a project car with an un-motivated friend. "It's on your land, I just bought another car, you sell it. I want my money."

watching my mate try to jack his ke70 completely off the ground with 4 scissor jacks on each corner until it fell off the jacks on our mates mums car and putting a big dent in it all this to paint his 13" stockies black hahah.

also same day my other mate doing ringys in his daily ke70 and crashed into a tree. and finally my mate driving through a dam in his laser and getting bogged.

all in all great day for me.