Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'Ve Got This Crazy Idea For A Daily

Featured Replies

You can get a kit that coverts your bike to run a 40cc honda motor or you can also get a kit to run a 49cc engine

 

i got a 32cc whipper snipper motor and welded up a frame when i was younger and rode that to primary school

 

got the motor for free, metal for free, brought some rods made up a throttle cable of a rubbish bike and rode that to school at 40-50 kph easy

 

21 cents to fill, lasted me till the weekend

 

i used a bike peg so i could use a friction drive system ie pedal to start brake and it cuts out simple affective and easy

 

Just my 2 cents ;)

 

 

Thats exactly how I did mine that I used to ride to school and terrorise the neighbourhood with (2 stroke and no rear muffler)

 

Cheapy 23cc GMC motor used to do 45km/h.

 

Then there was the day we put a Victa 160cc lawn mower engine into a 20" pushy. Good times...

Edited by SLO-030

Looks like you are essentially talking about building something like http://store.quietrush.com.au/fighter.html except with a petrol motor.

 

I've also heard similar things about the 0.2KW rules.

 

I also find it quite funny reading some of these post where someone says "I want something that is illegal, but I can't (cause it's illegal), so instead I will build something else illegal". Not trying to be a hater at all, I love the ingenuity and some of the ideas make for a good read.

Try motorbicycling or motoredbikes for information (don't know if these have been posted).

 

For electric assisted bikes look at endless sphere electric bikes. Some very smart people on that forum.

 

For some more technical information try WILS There are a lot of articles and papers on recumbent design and a forum as well.

Edited by coln72

In south australia anything under 49cc can be driven on the road if the person has a drivers license even learners as long as its under 49cc though.. anything up and u need a bike license and to register it :)

And mtb you can get 4 piston hydraulic calipers with 180mm or bigger rotors and calipers run ceramic pistons to withstand heat so brakes on a bike no problem.

 

 

Hmm, sorry to inject a little gravity here but I'm sure a MTB with ceramic pistons in its hydraulic disc brakes and 180mm rotors goes for serious enough coin to warrant just buying a motorcycle. Seems like a waste to hack up a high spec MTB just to turn it into an inadequate postie bike.

 

I don't mean to hate, I'm just amazed at how far you guys would go for a project.

 

I don't mean to hate, I'm just amazed at how far you guys would go dream for a project.

 

its one thing talkin about this, its another doing it!

 

these bike contraption sound like a crazy awesome fun way of getting a fine or potentially losing your life.

 

not that the bikes would be that dangerous on their own, its trying to ride them along side cars/motorbikes/trucks/buses that i would be worried about!

Edited by ke70dave

  • Author

Depends where you live and what sort of traffic conditions is in your area.. I personally think it's a good idea for goin to mates houses and down to the shops. Over a period of time the savings would be worth it. As long as you follow the rules.. ( to some degree :P ) cops would leave you alone.. And just wear your helmet.. You'll be treated as a cyclist. By traffic.. A fast cyclist :)

I had a 70cc 2 stroke on one of those choppers rode it for nearly 2 years to work before I got pulled over then only got told not to ride it again, was good fun then I bought another one recently a cruiser type bike with a Honda (copy) 49cc 4 stroke, but ended up getting a motorbike license, but there good fun and anyone that wants to buy one in brisbane obviously don't need mine so I can sell it to anyone, cheap!

The killer is the lack of visibility to drivers. I know my Lotus Europa was bad enough, but any low/lie-down bike just wouldn't show up in everyday traffic. Even ordinary cyclists and motorbikers have enough trouble, never mind a cycle moving at three times the speed that the car driver expects.

 

Some great ideas tho' !! Wait 'til petrol is $10/L and everyone will be doing it!

just buy a cr125 or something, great on road

 

great off road

 

...and great when you have to twist your rist all the way, for various reasons, if ya know what i mean ;)

 

haha

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.